HP Printer not Responding: How to Troubleshoot It?by Maria Jhon Blogger
In the market for printers, HP has been one of the leading brands which have enhanced the meaning of quality printing in less time. Amazing printing quality, artistic designed printer, less time taking printing and affordable prices of printers have grabbed everyone’s attention towards it. However, sometimes it has problems too like Jamming of papers, faded printing, ghost effect, and one of the emerging problem called HP printer not Responding. In this article, we will let you know the common reasons and troubleshooting tips behind this issue.
Why is HP Printer not Responding?
Even if HP is a famous and renowned brand, some problems are linked to it. Problems like ghost effects on prints which basically add a watermark on print. Second is faded printing, as the name suggests the print that comes out is faded even if the cartridge is full. Another important issue is jamming of printers, this generally occurs due to the wrong type of paper or dirty paper you insert inside the printer. Another famous and important problem and solution is given below. Have a look!
What to do if HP Printer not Responding?
Use Scan Doctor!
The user should scan the doctor to make it work. Now, scan doctor is a tool to cure this. In case, this tool is not able to find the cure for your solution, then you should definitely move to the next steps for further:
Set the Printer To Default Settings And Un-pause Printing
- On the Windows platform, if your HP printers not printing then you are supposed to change it to the default printer setting, maybe, changing it to the default printer setting might solve the issue.
- Follow the guidelines to change the default settings :
- At first, you are supposed to turn OFF the printer
- The next step is to switch it ON again
- Next step you should do is to click on ‘Devices and the Printers’
- Now, you should search for the Printer icon
- Next, you should Right click on the Default Printer
- Now, you need the entire printing queue
- Next, choose the option ‘see what’s printing’
- Tap on ‘Printers’
- If you check next to ‘pause Printing and use printer offline” Tap once to uncheck them
- Now, you may test print to check
- At last, the user should do a power cycle and check the connection. Power cycle basically removes the cache and fix the entire problem of HP printer not responding
- It is easy to do a complete Power cycle, You have to follow the steps to do it:
- First of all switch off your printer
- The next step is to turn it on
- Check the status of the printer properly
- If your printer starts printing, Let it finish and leave it for sometime
- Now, as soon as the printer is switched on, Take out the power cord from the Rear
- Now, you are supposed to unplug the printer from the main outlet
- Leave the printer as it is for sometime
- Do this entire process once again but in Reverse
- Now, you should definitely Turn On the printer
- Minute but important point is to check if the Printer is connected to the computer or not.
- Now, test the printer. Check if the printing could be done or not.
We hope this article solves your major issues and you got your answers to your questions. We have tried to write this article, point to point and in a simple way so that it is relatable to you and might help you in solving your problems, if this article is not fruitful for you then you can definitely contact HP Customer Support Number.
Created on Sep 27th 2018 06:35. Viewed 249 times.