How Your Antivirus Works to Protect Your System from Malware?by Hari Narayan Sr.Seo (Search Engine Optimization)
You can find different antivirus programs in the market that can protect your PC from any harm. The most trusted antivirus programs are Norton, AVG and Avast. Almost all of them work in a similar manner and if we talk about their performance then they have scored almost equally in the AV test. Your antivirus software runs in the background and protects you from all sorts of viruses and malware through real-time scanning.
Note: Your antivirus program can come up with technical difficulties and errors at any time; you can consult with our AV experts on Norton Antivirus Technical Helpline to resolve these problems.
You antivirus have its own database for virus and malware. Whenever it scans your PC, it cross-checks every program, website and files with the codes in its database and if it finds anything suspicious then it prevents you from accessing it. The suspicious programs and files are either removed or quarantined. But to keep you’re your completely secure it is necessary for you to keep your antivirus program updated. In case, you face any problem in updating your antivirus program then please give us a call at AVG Customer Care, we will help you with this task.
So, have you ever wondered how your antivirus works to protect you against malware? If yes, then here is the answer. Your antivirus program work on five different techniques which are explained below:
1. Signature-Based Detection: This is the most traditional method of checking .EXE files with known lists of virus and malware. Your files, programs and applications are scanned when they are used. As soon as you download an executable file it scans the file for malware.
2. Heuristic-Based Detection: This type of detection worked in combination with signature-based detection. This technique is deployed in almost every antivirus program. This technology is used to detect new, variant and altered malware programs.
3. Behavior-Based Detection: it is used in Intrusion Detection mechanism and this type of detection concentrate more on the characteristics of malware during execution. Malware will only be detected when it is performing like the one.
4. Sandbox Detection: This is similar to behavior-based detection. It executes any application in the virtual environment to check its actions and then finds out if the software is malicious or not.
5. Data Mining technique: This is the latest technique used by antivirus companies. With the set of program features, Data mining checks if the program is malicious or not.
Created on Sep 6th 2018 02:55. Viewed 543 times.