How to win at the local SEO game?by SEO Recyclers A trusted & reputed SEO Agency
SEO is a broad field, but there's one peculiar approach that's been generating a lot of buzz around the Internet: local SEO. Local SEO is simply a form of SEO that helps businesses rank their site higher in the local-based search results.
This form of SEO is largely profitable because:
- Businesses have fewer competitors in the local scene since they won't have to pit themselves against national or international business owners, and
- Businesses have access to a wider pool of Internet users as most people look up local businesses online so that they can visit them offline.
Local SEO is great and admirable, but how do you claim your spot in the local search engine results pages (SERPs) to bring in huge rewards?
Here are a few tips that might help.
Localize Your On-Page SEO
Does your business target more than one location? Then make a separate page for each town or city. These separate pages can be optimized for their local keywords much better than a single page that has three or more locations and local keywords in it. While you’re at it, don't forget to include your business address, phone number, and other pertinent data on every page.
- Your online business name should hold one of the top local keywords you're targeting.
- If possible, use a domain name that has your geographical marker.
- Put your target keywords into your title tags and Meta tags.
Use Local Search Engines
The three most common search engines are Google, Yahoo, and Bing. That being said, for local searches, local search engines should be utilized. For example, Russia has Yandex and France has Voila. For countries that don't have their unique search engine, though, you can also use the regional versions of Google, Yahoo, and Bing - like Google.ca for Canada or Bing.de for Germany.
Build Local Links
Link building is the key to a successful SEO campaign. The more websites that put your link on their pages, the higher rank you'll get in the search engines.
- Make sure your website gets links from the most trusted and most searched websites in your location/area.
- Use your geographical keywords in anchor texts (displayed in the sites that put your link in their pages) for inbound links.
Spy on Your Competitors
Spying on the competitors is one of the most fundamental strategies of the wartime era and now it is being utilized in the SEO industry. Spying cannot be technically called "cheating" as it can help you stay up to date on the happenings around you. With the data you receive, you can learn from your competitors and outrank them using their own means.
Aside from the ones we’ve mentioned, there are a lot more strategies for optimizing your website for local SEO. Keep in mind that understanding and implementing these strategies can be challenging and time-consuming if you have little or no exposure to SEO. Don’t worry, though… You can easily avail expert local SEO services to help your cause to the utmost!
With access to professional knowledge as well as tools and resources that are unavailable to the conventional businesses, the right professional SEO service provider will be able to enhance your brand’s online presence and push it up the ranking ladder.
Created on Aug 20th 2019 07:39. Viewed 203 times.