How to Use Guest Mode on Google Chromecast
by elina John IT Expert
You will need to connect Chromecast and your device to the same network if you want to cast content from your device to Chromecast. Your guests can use the Guest mode offered by Google to cast to it as it enables Bluetooth beacon to be used in guest mode even if your guests are not on the same network. But, the question is how Guest Mode in Chromecast works and how you can use it.
Advantages of Chromecast Guest Mode
If you are going to throw the party and a lot of guests are coming to your home, then you can share your Wi-Fi password so they can enjoy their favorite content. However, there is also a much easier and convenient solution to make your guests enjoy their favorite content. You can turn on Guest mode on your Google Chromecast. It will help them to stream music or videos whenever they want. It is very easy to turn on Guest mode as if you connect your device with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Setting Up Guest Mode on Google Chromecast
To start setting up Guest mode, first, you have to install the Home app of Google for either iOS or Android. Once you have complete with setting up functional Google Home and Chromecast on your device, then you can follow these guidelines:-
- Make sure about the proper connectivity of Google Chromecast and your device with the same network.
- Then, open your Home app on Google to launch it and search for the Chromecast device.
- Go to the page opening the Chromecast device list and click on it.
- Click on the Settings appearing in the gear symbol.
- Click on Guest mode while scrolling down.
- Go to the window of Guest mode and click on the option to Enable Guest mode.
- When you enable the Guest mode screen, it will present a PIN in four digits to you.
- You will need to write down this PIN somewhere separately as your guests can access to their favorite content only when they will know about this PIN.
Note: Make sure you are not streaming any content while taking steps to enable Guest mode in the Chromecast. You can retrieve a PIN from Google Home only if you are not using a Chromecast device.
Connecting to Chromecast as a Guest
Google offers two ways to connect the device of your guest to your Chromecast. The first one to connect it to the unique network of Wi-Fi, which your Chromecast is currently broadcasting. The second method is to connect the device to Bluetooth. Here is how to do it:-
- Go to any device in which Chromecast app is enabled, click on the option Cast option visible on the specific video.
Note: If the icon of Cast does not appear on the video, then make sure that Guest mode is enabled on Chromecast. Then, try to restart your mobile device. After restarting it, the icon of Cast should be visible on the video.
- Now, a pop-up notification will appear to you as Cast to.
- Click on Nearby device to establish the connection as a guest to Chromecast.
- The device you are using will try to sync with another device by using an audio command. In the window appearing as Cast to a nearby device, click on connect while choosing OK.
Note: Make sure that you are completing the process in a very quiet room with no disturbing background noises. The audio sync will work to its optimum only in such circumstances. Moreover, to increase the chances to sync, keep your phone holding very close to your Chromecast device.
- In case, if the audio sync is not working, then enter the Guest mode PIN in the newly appeared window.
- After typing the PIN, click on Connect.
- It will further establish the connection between the device and Chromecast properly in Guest mode.
- Also, it will start casting audio or videos to Chromecast normally.
Can a User Use Guest Mode in a Hotel with Chromecast?
Many of the users often wanted to know if Chromecast will work in any hotel if they want to use it while staying at the hotel. So, your Chromecast will not work in the hotel when you are staying there and want to use it. Since almost all hotels require the users to use the login pages based on browsers to establish the connection to the internet and so it is not possible.
Source :-- https://webrootus.com/how-to-use-guest-mode-on-google-chromecast/
Created on Jun 26th 2020 01:30. Viewed 189 times.