HOW TO USE GOOGLE VOICE TO SEND FREE TEXTSby Shery Williams Travel &Tourism
Google Voice is a free service used to make and receive calls and SMS messages. It allows users to send free texts to other people with Google Voice accounts. Let’s explore the process of sending free text messages to Google Voice numbers.
Sending free texts via Google Voice
For getting started, you need to register for Google Voice. This service by Google offers users a contact number to call, text, and voicemail. It works on Android and iOS phone, and desktops, and synchronizes across all the devices so that the users can use the service at work, home, or while traveling. Here is what you can do with Google Voice:
- You can set up a brand-new phone number.
- You can forward calls for all your phone numbers.
- It archives and transcribes voicemails.
- A single number will ring all your mobile phones.
- Send and get free text messages on your mobile device or computer.
- This blog focuses on sending and getting text messages.
- Note: Google Voice service is active only in the US.
Getting started with Google Voice
- First, from the web browser, you need to visit voice.google.com.
- You shall now be required to agree to the terms and conditions mentioned on the screen.
- After doing this, you will be able to sign up for Google Voice and get a free number. You can also use your own number for making and receiving calls.
- When the Google Voice account gets activated, you need to decide the way you wish to use its free text messaging feature. You may use it on the web or from your phone.
- In case you want to use the messaging feature while traveling, then simply download and install the app for Google Voice. This app is available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Once you install this application, you will be asked to let Google access the contacts on your phone. If you tap on Yes, then it will become more easy to find people you know to interact with via Google Voice.
This setting can be tweaked later, in case you do not wish to allow Google access to the contacts on your phone.
If you want to send free texts from your desktop, then follow these steps:
- Go to www.voice.google.com.
- After that, press the Text option located on the left-hand corner of the screen.
- Key in the contact number that you wish to send a message to.
- Type in the body of the message.
- Just click the Send button.
- The text will be sent.
If you want to send free texts from your phone, then follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Voice application on your phone.
- Now, touch the Dialer option.
- Select Text.
- Key in the contact name in the To blank, in case you have given Google access to the contacts on your phone. If not, then just key in the contact number of the person you want to text.
- Type the body of the message in the next field.
- Hit the arrow button located at the right side of the text and send it.
You should remember that, even though this service is free, cellular charges will be applicable when you use it on the mobile network. To send texts for free, you should connect your phone to a wireless network.
Shery Williams is an employee at a top email service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. She is passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics. She has written majorly on zoho email support, iCloud email support, comcast email and sbcglobal email.
Created on Apr 5th 2019 02:48. Viewed 65 times.