How to Use Apple Wallet App to Redeem Gift Cards.by Eva Winget executive
Apple has added the Wallet app in some newer models of iPhone. It is a first party free finance app, where you can keep your debit cards, credit cards, prepaid cards, rewards cards, store cards, student ID cards, movie tickets, boarding passes, and much more in one place. With Wallet app, you can redeem coupons, redeem rewards, check-ins for flights, get movies tickets, and so on. Here is how to use the Apple Wallet app to redeem gift cards.
Adding iTunes Pass to your Apple Wallet
iTunes Pass (App Store & iTunes pass) is the official digital membership of Apple. It can be linked to the Apple Wallet to view your account balance. Once App Store & iTunes Pass is added to the Wallet app, users can view funds added using gift cards and add credit to it. Here is how to add iTunes pass to your Apple Wallet.
1. Touch the ‘App Store’ icon on your iPhone home screen.
2. When the App Store open, touch on your App Store account ‘Profile Picture’ at the upper right corner.
3. Select ‘Redeem Gift Card or Code’ from the Account menu.
4. On the Redeem Code screen, touch on ‘Get Started’ text under the iTunes Pass.
5. Type the password of your Apple ID and touch on ‘OK.’
6. Then touch on ‘Add iTunes Pass to Wallet’ option.
7. Select ‘Add’ and then ‘Done.’
iTunes pass will be added to your Apple Wallet app.
Adding iTunes Gift Cards to your Apple Wallet
You can’t redeem or add iTunes, App Store, or Apple Music gift cards directly from the Wallet app. You’ll have to redeem them through the App Store. Here is how.
1. Take your iTunes gift card and remove its packing. You need to do the same thing with other gift cards, such as the App Store or Apple Music. If you want to redeem a digital gift card code, then jump to Step 3.
2. Remove the gray film carefully from the rear side of your gift card to view the unique code.
8. Now, open your iPhone and touch the ‘App Store’ icon on your iPhone home screen.
3. Then, touch on your App Store account ‘Profile Picture’ at the upper right corner.
4. Go to ‘Redeem Gift Card or Code’ from the Account menu.
5. Select ‘Use Camera.’ You’ll also see an image of the gift card on the Redeem code screen. Doing so, start your iPhone’s camera. If you have a digital gift card code, then select the option (another one) for entering the code manually instead.
6. Now, use your iPhone’s camera to scan the gift card code and let it read the unique code.
7. Once it reads the code, the gift card credit will be added to your account.
8. You can scan the code of other gift cards, in the same way, to add credit from them also.
Once a gift card will be registered, it could not be used again. Now, you can open the ‘Wallet’ app on your iPhone and view your added gift cards balance there on the App Store & iTunes pass.
Adding funds to iTunes from the Apple Wallet app
However, you can’t redeem a gift card directly from the Wallet app, but it can add money to iTunes. Here is how.
1. Touch on the ‘Wallet’ app icon to start it.
2. On the main screen, touch on ‘App Store & iTunes’ pass. You’ll see it near the lower side of the screen. It may also display balance in your account.
3. Now, open the menu from the top right corner.
4. And select ‘Add Funds to Apple ID.’
5. Touch an amount to add to your account.
6. Touch ‘Next’.
7. Now, you’ll have to press the side button of your iPhone twice to confirm adding money to the Apple ID. Before you confirm know that using this method to add funds will charge your associated payment method.
Once you confirm, the funds will be deducted from your linked payment method and add to iTunes. You can also see App Store & iTunes pass for the update account balance.
Isa Bella is a Engineer turned writer who covers technological innovations and science. In addition to writing for her printer support blog and IT support services blogs, she has written tips and tricks, whitepapers, essays, and guides. Her favorite topics are brother printer support, HP printer support, Epson printer support, Samsung printer support etc.
Created on Sep 16th 2019 04:04. Viewed 76 times.