How to Use AirDrop on iOS Devicesby Aida Martin Norton Setup
Imagine this – You have clicked the most Instagram-worthy photograph on your friend’s iPhone, and now you simply want to upload it from your account, so you need the picture. How do you get it on your phone? Another scenario – You have an important file that you wish to back up on your Mac but cannot find the USB cable. After searching for a long time, you find it: all frayed and tangled. How many times have such instances happened to you? Just the thought of them will leave you aggravated!
Wouldn’t it be easier if there was a simple app through which you could transfer files wirelessly?
Well, look no further! With AirDrop, you can do just what you need! AirDrop makes use of the peer-to-peer connection to set up fast, safe, and secure channels through which you can share your files and folders. All it needs is a discoverable Bluetooth and active Wi-Fi connection and irrespective of the size of your file, you can carry out data transfer in a span of a few minutes!
Steps to Use AirDrop on your iOS device
Before you go about sharing the desired files, you need to set up AirDrop on your iOS device. You can do it by following the steps given below:
Setting Up AirDrop on iOS
- Open the Settings of your iPhone or iPad and tap on the General option from the list. Select AirDrop and set up your preferences. You could choose from Off, Contacts Only, and Everyone.
- Another way to access your AirDrop settings is through the Control Center where the AirDrop icon will appear on the next screen on hard pressing the network button (in green)
Sharing Files through AirDrop on iOS
- To be able to share files through AirDrop, it has to be active on both the devices.
- Furthermore, the receiving device has to be discoverable on the sender’s list. To do so, you could make your device discoverable to Everyone, since it is the easiest way. However, if you are on the receiver’s contact list, you could also choose Contacts Only.
- Open the file that you wish to transfer and click on the Share button.
- If you have enabled AirDrop correctly, and if it is compatible with your iOS device, the AirDrop icon will be visible in the tray containing the applications and services.
- Once you select AirDrop, you can see a list of receivers. Choose the device you wish to send your items to.
- Your iPhone or iPad will then prepare the file, and the receiver will receive a prompt asking if they wish to receive files through AirDrop. Once they accept, the data transmission will commence. If the receiver is a Mac device, the download will automatically be stored in the Downloads folder. For other iOS devices, the file will be opened on download.
That’s it! Who knew data transfer could get this easy, right?
Now you will no longer be stuck in situations where you have to give your pen drive to your friend to collect the photo in a high resolution. Neither will you have to worry about all the connectivity wires and cables. All you need is AirDrop to meet all your file sharing requirements.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Sep 4th 2018 03:32. Viewed 122 times.