How to Update Airpods Firmware Without iPhone
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
The issue for the malfunction of Airpods that cause because of the outdated firmware. The best thing is that you may easily update the Airpods firmware. However, you cannot do update it without iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch. If you include any such device, then its good, or else you need to ask your friend for it or else visit an Apple store and get the help. Apple support cannot help you with updates remotely, and you must have the iOS device for it. If you need to update Airpods Firmware without iPhone, then this post might be useful. Keep on reading to follow the steps.
Which Airpods Do You Have?
If you have original Airpods, then you don’t need to think about it much. Airpods already contain its part of the firmware updates, so you do not need to think about further updates. It is possible that there must be updates available in the future; however, it is extremely doubtful. As you receive firmware updates, then you will be all set to go. Firmware updates for AirPods Pro and AirPods 2 are quite general. The latest AirPods are updated constantly, so it is baseless to give names to the firmware version. It is going to update soon. Though you may check the firmware version on the Airpods. You may still require the iOS device not important to be an iPhone but an iPod or iPad.
How to Check If You Require Firmware Update
You will require an iOS device to check if you want the Airpods firmware update or not.
If you want to check if you require a firmware update, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Connect the iPad, iPhone, or iPod to the Airpods.
- Navigate to device settings.
- Click on General settings.
- Select About.
- Choose Airpods.
- See the firmware version and note it down.
- Google latest Airpods firmware version.
If the firmware does not match the latest one, then you have to install update.
How to Install the Firmware Update Without Using iPhone
If you do not have an iPhone but have the supported iPod or iPad, then there are chances.
If you want to install the firmware update without using the iPhone, then abide by the given steps:
- Place Airpods in the case. Ensure thatthe lid is open.
- Place the iPod or iPad beside the charging case. Ensure that the Bluetooth is turned on and the device is connected to the web.
- Keep device and case aside for at least 10 minutes.
- The firmware update must be installed. Check the firmware version again to view if it’s succeeded.
Airpods Can Update Firmware Automatically
If you have no idea, Airpods have the automatic updates.
In case you need to update it all the time, then you need to follow the offered steps:
- Leave the Airpods in case.
- Plug case to the socket for charging or utilize Qi charger if you contain the wireless case.
- Place the compatible iOS device beside the case. Ensure that the device is compatible, connected to the web, and paired with Airpods before.
- If users do this frequently, you don’t need to think about the manual firmware updates. The procedure requires a few minutes, so you may do that each time you charge the earbuds. It is an important habit to must-have as then you will be able to keep the Airpods updated.
The entire Apple products have good synergy with each other, so it is good to have the complete Apple ecosystem at home. Airpods works great with the entire Apple devices. They are not too good with Android or any other non-Apple devices. You cannot get the firmware updates via tablets or Android phones.
Created on Mar 10th 2020 23:55. Viewed 335 times.