HOW TO #UNINSTALL AVAST ANTIVIRUS IN WINDOWS 10?by Amara Garcia Technical Support For Antivirus
Uninstall Avast Antivirus In Windows 10
Avast is one of the best antivirus programs for Windows. Although it is quite useful software, in some cases, it can interfere with another program, or can even be installed as a bundle. Here we discussed some easy tips series with how to completely Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10 step-by-step.There are two ways to remove Avast products Avast Antivirus manually and via special 3-rd party software. The first way is conventional and reliable. Uninstallers such as Wise, Revo, Geek, and other best uninstallers though, offer simplicity and competent cleanout. We’re going to describe steps that help to completely Uninstall Avast Antivirus. Also, the uninstalling process is the same for all Windows.
The easiest way to know most users to uninstall Avast is to use the Windows Settings menu and uninstall it like any other software. Although if you’re struggling to remove Avast completely, you may need to skip this section and use one of the alternative methods below.
Go to the following location ‘C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\’
1. Right-click on the file or folder you want to delete and choose Properties.
2. Next, click on the Security tab and then click on the Advanced button at the bottom
3. Next, click on the Owner tab and you’ll now see that the current owner is Trusted Installer.
4. Now click on the Edit button and choose who you would like to change the owner to, either your account or the Administrators. If your account is an Administrator account, we suggest just picking Administrators.
5. Click OK to save the new owner. Keep clicking OK until the file/folder properties windows are closed.
6. Go back and delete these folder/files
7. Repeat the same for other files and folders
8. Go to this location (copy-paste it into your address bar and press enters) %windir%\WinSxS\ find all files associated with Avast and delete them using procedure steps 2 – 7
9. Go to this location %windir%\WinSxS\Manifests\ find all files associated with Avast and delete them using procedure steps 2 – 7
10. Restart your computer.
Uninstall Avast Using The Avast Uninstall Utility
The regular Avast uninstaller should remove most, if not all, Avast files from your PC. It’s possible that some files and registry entries remain. If you’re struggling to remove it completely, you’ll need to use the Avast uninstall utility. This tool will safely remove all Avast files from your PC if the standard method using Windows Settings.
You’ll need to download the Avast uninstall utility to begin. This is a standalone piece of software, so once it’s downloaded, double-click the file to run it.
The Avast uninstall utility will scan your PC for existing Avast installations. Avast will ask you if you want to run the tool in Safe Mode, which is recommended. To reboot into Safe Mode, press the Yes button. If you click No, you’ll have to reboot into Safe Mode yourself, then launch the Avast uninstall utility again.
To confirm the reboot, press Yes again.
Windows will reboot into Safe Mode automatically. Once the reboot process has completed, the Avast uninstall utility will automatically launch. Make sure that the correct installation locations and products are selected in the Avast uninstall utility window, then press Uninstall to begin the removal.
If your Antivirus is still running in Safe Mode, Avast will warn you that any attempt to remove it is in progress. Allow this by clicking Yes in the warning window.
The Avast uninstall utility will begin removing your Avast installation at this stage, which may take a few moments to complete. Once the process is complete, you’ll need to restart your PC by pressing Reboot computer to finish removing all of the files. Otherwise, press Reboot later to reboot manually.
Related Blog: How To Fix Common McAfee Antivirus Problems?
Remove Avast As The Default Operating System And Delete The Temporary Avast OS
During uninstalling, Avast creates a small operating system that it uses to uninstall files. After it is done, the operating system does not seem to uninstall itself after you restart your computer. The reason behind this is that you cannot uninstall the default operating system. You might notice the Avast OS option when starting your computer. Leaving it as the default OS might keep booting your computer into the safe mode every time you restart it.
1. Press Start/Windows Key + R to open the Run window
2. Type sysdm.cpl in the Run textbox and hit enter to open the advanced system properties window.
3. Go to the Advanced tab. Tap on Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Under the Default Operating System, you will find the dropdown box for choosing the default operating system. Choose the desired option and save the changes by clicking OK
5. Press Windows key + R to open run
6. Type msconfig and hit enter
7. In the system configuration window, open the Boot tab
8. Choose the Avast operating system by clicking on it and then click delete. Allow the deletion
9. Restart your computer
Related Blog: How To Fix Bitdefender Antivirus Update Error Code 1002?
Use Avast Clear
Avast clear is an intuitive tool from the creators of Avast itself that is designed specifically to uninstall any and all Avast products installed on a computer. Click here to download Avast clear. It will automatically prompt you to run the tool in Safe Mode. Run the executable Avast clear.
Follow the onscreen instructions and browse to the folder in which you have installed the Avast product you want to uninstall. Click on Remove. Restart your computer, and Avast clear will finalize the uninstallation when your computer boots up.
Created on Apr 6th 2021 01:11. Viewed 135 times.