How to Turn On/Off Location Services on the iPad
by Carl Smith Software Developer
Same as an iPhone and Android, the location tracking for wireless sensor networks of the iPad are correct at identifying the location. The iPad which has the fourth generation settings in it also contains an “Assisted Global Positioning System chip” for identifying the exact location without having the Global Positioning System and it will work better by using Wi-Fi position triangulation. In case you wish to know how to turn on or off “Location Services” on the iPad, then you need to follow the steps which are given below.
Steps to Disable Location Services
The location settings are already enabled on the iPad, you can change the location settings later on. You can disable the location services by going to the iPad settings. Here are the steps listed below to disable “Location Services” on the iPad and you can enable these settings anytime.
• You need to go to the “iPad Settings” by clicking the “Settings” button.
• Go down and launch the “Privacy menu” thing.
• Click on the “Location Services” located at the upper side of the display.
• Click on the olive color button nearby the “Location Services” for turning off its function.
• In case you wish to disable the location services and then click on the “Turn Off” button.
The users can move to the upward direction from the end of the display and select the “Airplane” symbol to turn the iPad in the “Flight Mode.” Doing this will automatically disable the location services for all the applications in a few minutes. This procedure does not let the phone from calling or receiving calls from anyone and pairing to the Wi-Fi connection.
Steps to Stop Apps from Tracking the Location
In case you wish to stop a particular application from accessing the current location, then you need to follow the steps which are listed below to stop apps from tracking the location:
• Go back to the third steps mentioned above so that the users can get the location services display on their iPad.
• Go down to the apps menu list and after that click on that application of which you wish to turn on or off the location services settings.
• Now, choose the “Never” button for stopping the application from tracking the location or when you are using the application to ensure that the location should not work as the desktop background while you are not in the application. Most of the applications will have the “Always” button for identifying the exact location while you are closed the application.
What Does “Share My Location Mean?
With your iPad, you can also send your or other people’s exact location in the form of messages. In case you wish to tell someone where you’re current location is, then you need to go through the procedure of adding that person in the list of “Find My Friends.” The person will get your exact location in the “Share My Location” column given in the Location Services screen. In case you wish to stop sharing the current location with anyone, then you need to switch to this window and click on the olive switch nearby the “Share My Location” option.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source - http://www.quicksetupnow.com/how-to-turn-on-off-location-services-on-the-ipad/
Created on Mar 25th 2019 10:37. Viewed 412 times.