How to Turn Off Microsoft Narrator
by Carl Smith Software Developer
One can access the Narrator function from Windows. This will help those who have low vision understand the system display better. Microsoft Narrator is a screen reader application which uses voice for reading the text which is shown on the display.
In case you wish to disable the Microsoft Narrator, then follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps for Disabling Through the Keyboard
• Press the Windows key or Windows symbol, located on the end left-hand or end right-hand side of the system keyboard.
• Press the Control key named as “Ctrl”, located on the end left-hand or end right-hand side of the system keyboard.
• After clicking on the Enter key, you will get the voice saying “Exiting Narrator.”
• Did you change the settings for not permitting a given shortcut? For changing this, visit Settings, then Ease of Access and after that, Narrator option. You should go through the box nearby the “Allow the shortcut key to start Narrator” option.
Steps for Disabling Narrator by Closing the Narrator Window
After starting the Narrator, you will get the Narrator window on the screen. In case you wish to close that window, then you have to tap on the “X” key located in the top right-hand side or choose the “Exit” option inside the Narrator window. After that, you will get the “Narrator voice” saying that “Exiting Narrator.”
Steps for Disabling Narrator Through Windows Settings
• Tap on the “Windows” symbol located in the end left-hand side of the display, or you can click on the “Windows” button on the system keyboard.
• Tap on the “Settings” option and it resembles a gear symbol.
• By going to the “Windows Settings” display, tap on the “Ease of Access” option.
• By going to the vision column, you have to choose the “Narrator” option located on the left-hand side of the display.
• Below the “Use Narrator” option, tap on the switch to enable it.
• Now, the Narrator voice starts saying “Exiting Narrator.”
Go through the procedure for Windows 8:
• You have to right-click on the empty part of the “Start” display.
• Choose the “All Apps” option located on the drop-down menu after that, choose the “Control Panel” option.
• After going to the “Control Panel” window, select the “Ease of Access” option and after that, click on the “Ease of Access Center” option.
• Choose “Make the computer easier to see” option.
• You have to unselect the checkbox near the “Turn on Narrator” option, then tap on the “Apply” button and after that, press on the “Ok” button.
Go through the procedure for Windows 7:
• Tap on the “Start” button.
• Choose the “Control Panel” option.
• Select the “Ease of Access” option.
• After that, select the “Ease of Access Center.”
• Tap on the “Use the computer without a display” option located on the next window.
• Unselect the checkbox nearby the “Turn on Narrator” option.
• Tap on the “Ok” button.
• At last, exit the “Narrator program” symbol located in the toolbar.
• Start the system to change the setting for taking effect.
Steps for Disabling Narrator by Using Task Manager
• Press Control+ Alt+ Delete.
• Choose the “Task Manager” option.
• After the “Task Manager” option gets open on the screen, you have to choose the “Processes” on “Windows 7 Apps” button.
• Below the “Name” option find the “Screen Reader” button.
• You have to right-click in the column and after that, choose the “End Task” option.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source - https://www.quicksetupnow.com/how-to-turn-off-microsoft-narrator/
Created on Apr 23rd 2019 08:44. Viewed 160 times.