How to Troubleshoot Msftconnecttest Redirect Error?
by Gerry Martin office setup
Even though Windows is an efficient-working operating system, it still has its fair share of errors. One such error is the Msftconnecttest redirect error. The error restricts the users from operating the web correctly as it keeps redirecting the web browser to other websites. So what can you do to fix it? Well, for starters, read through the blog. So, here are the instructions to troubleshoot Msftconnecttest redirect error.
Reset Settings of Internet Explorer
- Shut every window on the system and launch Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools and locate Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced button.
- In case Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog section launches, choose Reset.
- Now, if default settings get saved, select Close and choose OK.
- Finally, reboot your system.
Fixing Msftconnecttest Redirect Error using Reset Network
- Reach the Start logo on your system and then select Settings to locate the Network and Internet option.
- Select Status and Network Reset option.
- If network reset window launches, select Reset Now and Yes to verify all.
- Now, you have to reboot the system.
Edit Registry Editor
- Navigate to the search and enter Regedit then hit the Enter key.
- You should go to the registry editor and run it.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services, NlaSvc, Settings, Internet.
- Browse for ‘EnabledActiveProbing’ and launch it.
- Modify the value start from 1 to 0.
- Now, shut the registry editor.
- Finally, reboot the system to save changes.
Modify HTTP/HTTPS Configuration to Repair Msftconnecttest Redirect Error
- Hold the Win + I keys at once on the keyboard to launch settings.
- Select Apps button and choose Default Apps within the left side panel.
- Go to the ‘Choose Defaults Apps by protocol.’
- Then move lower side to choose to Select a Default option for HTTP.
- Later, navigate to the list and select the browser.
- Shut all windows and reboot the system.
The user must ensure that the offered steps are followed carefully and thoroughly. Moreover, the user should make sure that the device’s operating system is updated as well. Always create a backup before making changes in your system’s registry. Install a reliable antivirus program to maintain the system’s functionality.
is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Created on Dec 3rd 2019 09:29. Viewed 38 times.