How to Troubleshoot Battery Life Problems on iPhone?
by karen minton I am a software engineer
There can be a number of reasons behind iPhone battery life problems. Several iPhone owners often face the same issue. It is true that the battery life decreased as time passes. But, sometimes users of new iPhones also face the issue. Apply the fixes mentioned below and improve the battery life of your device.
Resetting the iPhone
If you want to reset the iPhone 8 & later device, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, you have to press and leave the Volume Up key instantly.
- Then you should instantly press and leave the Volume Down key.
- You have to long-press the Power key.
If you have iPhone 7:
- To get started, long-press the Power key to the right-hand side.
- While pressing the Power button, then long-press the Volume Down key.
- Then you have to long-press both keys until the screen becomes black, & keep pressing them until the device turns on & the Apple logo appears.
If you have iPhone 6 & earlier:
- To begin with, long-press both Power key & Home button at once on your device.
- You have to keep pressing until the Apple logo comes.
- Now, release the buttons.
Check Out the Usage of iPhone’s Battery
You need to check out the usage of the iPhone’s battery. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First & foremost, you have to open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then you should select the Battery.
- You have to wait for Battery Usage to get filled.
- Navigate to the Show Activity option to view foreground & background power usage.
- Thereafter you should select Last 10 Days the power consumption.
Force Quit a Rogue Application & Get the Power Consumption Back to Normal
- Get started by going to the Home button & twice click on it.
- Then you should see the fast app switcher.
- You should swipe to the application you would like to force quit.
- Thereafter tap on the app card & move it upward.
If you have iPhone X & later, you can force quit an application like this
- To begin with, swipe up from the downward screen & hold down the finger at one place for a little while until the card-like multitasking interface comes.
- Then you should go to the app & swipe on it.
- You have to move the card upward.
Check Out the Health of iPhone’s Battery.
If you want to check out the health of the iPhone’s battery, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First, you have to go to the Settings application & select Battery.
- Then you should select the Battery Health.
Restoring the iPhone as New
You need to restore the iPhone as new, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First & foremost, go to the Settings application & tap on General.
- Then tap on Reset option.
- You have to tap on “Erase All Contents & Settings.”
- Now, tap on “Erase Now” to erase everything on your iPhone.
Enable Low Power Mode
If you want to enable low power mode, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First, you have to open the Settings app on your device.
- Then you should select the Battery option.
- You have to switch the toggle of Low Power Mode to the “On” position.
Created on Oct 15th 2019 05:50. Viewed 164 times.