How to Track Election Card Status?by Shivi R. designer
After applying for an EPIC (Electors’ Photo Identity Card), it is important to track the document in case you didn’t receive the election card in a month or two.
How to Track Election Card Status?
Today technology has transformed our way of functioning. Earlier, an individual has to physically make a visit to the electoral office in order to know the voter ID registration status. However, the Government has now made the procedure more time saving and easy by making it online.
There are three ways to check your application today:
· Online using the official website of the ECI
· Using your mobile via SMS
· Calling the helpline number
Check voter ID card status online
The Government of India launched an official website for exclusively voter ID information, where one can find the details related to their application.
Follow these simple steps to check the status of your voter ID
· Visit to the electoral CEO (Chief Electoral Office) official website http://eci.nic.in/eci/eci.html
· Click on ‘Know the Status of Your Application for Enrolment’
· On the resulting page a window opens asking for some basic details of the form such as the Form number
· Correctly fill in the required details
There are 29 states in India, and each state has its own respective electoral office or election commission. And you can find your voter’s ID application depends on the state you live in.
One of the easiest ways to check election ID card is through SMS. This method is most suitable for people who are not well – versed with technology.
Follow the steps below to check the status of your Voter ID via SMS:
· Find out your voter ID application number
· SMS ‘EPIC’ [space] Voter ID application number
· Send the above message to the electoral officer
Below is the list of contact numbers for selected cities for finding out Voter ID Card Status via SMS:
Helpline number of the ECI (Election Commission of India) to check Election ID card status
· Track the status of your Voter ID by calling from your BSNL and MTNL number
· You will get the preference of your language as Hindi / English
· You can also contact the dedicated customer care number provided for each state.
The toll – free number of Election Commission of India is 1950.
You can also find Voter ID status by Name and Number
1. Find Voter ID Status By Name
To check election status by name, log on to the official website of election cards and enter the following details
· Father's name
· Name of the state
· Name of the district
2. Find Voter ID Status by Number
To know whether your name is included in the electoral roll of the constituency
· Log on to the official website of http://www.nvsp.in/
· Click on ‘Search Your Name in electoral roll’ listed under ‘National Services’
- You will be redirected to http://www.electoralsearch.in/
- Click on the second tab to search by EPIC number
- Enter the details such as
(b) Age / date of birth
(e) Assembly Constituency
Created on Sep 19th 2017 04:12. Viewed 235 times.