How to Temporarily Disable Your McAfee Antivirus Protectionby Harry Williams Manager
Want to turn-off McAfee for a certain period? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
McAfee antivirus keeps your valuable data safe from the bad guys. By using McAfee, you can maintain your computer safe from cyber attackers and other threats. When you install an antivirus on your device, it stays turned on in the background all the time.
However, for top-notch protection, it sometimes blocks files that are indeed safe and free from any threat. It prevents you from installing untrusted software and programs to your device.
For one reason or another, if you want to turn off your McAfee protection, then stay with us and read this full article carefully. Let’s dive in.
How to Turn Off McAfee Protection for a Short Time?
- Launch McAfee Control Panel by double-clicking on the ‘McAfee antivirus’ icon located on the bottom-right corner of your PC.
- On the upper-right of the application, press the “Navigation” option to open the Navigation Center on your device.
- Now hit the “Real-Time Scanning” option to launch the program settings.
- Press the “Turn Off” button to browse the Turn Off tab.
- Now click on the “When do you want to resume real-time scanning” drop-down option to select a time duration for disabling the antivirus. Choose the most appropriate option according to your requirements. There are several options, such as 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes to choose from.
- After selecting an option, press the “Turn Off” option. It will turn off your antivirus for the time chosen. You may also see a warning about “Your system is at risk,” which means that your protection is currently disabled.
- Tap the Done button.
Wasn’t it easy? You can also re-enable the protection if you want to by navigating to your antivirus icon again.
How to Disable McAfee Firewall feature?
A firewall is a technology which is made to stop unauthorized entry to your device from a private network. In simple words, the Firewall protects your device from internet threats.
However, there can be a reason for disabling it for a specific time. Whatsoever, if you want to do so, then follow the guide given below:
- On the bottom-right corner of your desktop right-click on the McAfee button, and then hover your mouse cursor on the “Change Settings” option.
- Click on the Firewall button.
- Tap the Turn Off option.
- Choose for how long you want it to be disabled. Then Press the ‘Turn Off” button located next to the Cancel button.
- Your Firewall will remain disabled for the time that you chose.
Nelson King is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Oct 23rd 2019 09:28. Viewed 472 times.