How To Speed Up A Slow Laptop?by Edward Lewis consultant
Are you annoyed with the slow working of your laptop? It doesn’t matter if it is new or old, a Windows computer or a MacBook. The thing that is to be noted is that it is very irritating to use a slow laptop. This issue can spoil our lovely day as well.
The primary reason behind slowing down of your PC can be the presence of virus in your computer. The virus can be detected and removed from the computer within some time itself.
- I recommend for Windows and Mac users to launch anti-malware application. Basically, it scans the system to check for infections.
- Especially for Mac users, the malware scanner is a better option because it does not use resources when it is not in use.
- Don’t get confused. Only one anti-malware scanner is enough for protecting your system.
Using plenty of applications
Many of the times you may have noticed that there are a lot of applications open and you are only using some them. It can also be one of the reasons behind slowing down of your system. People do think that a running background application may not be taking up resources of the laptop, but it does.
The solution to this issue are as follows:
- Prefer closing applications after using it.
- Prefer closing tabs that don’t need anymore.
Disable startup programs
Disabling startup programs means stopping applications that get started by themself. Sometimes, people don’t remember that they are not using any of the one specific application. So to avoid such a situation with you it is better for you to disable the startup programs.
It is a fact that if there will be no extra space on your drive, then it might take a lot of time for its users to find for a location to place their file.
- Make sure that there is 20% free space in your device so that your device doesn’t work slowly because of storage problem.
- Fortunately, Windows comprises an inbuilt utility for supporting the disk cleanup. And for iOS users, there are plenty of tools like DaisyDisk which allows to free up hard disk space.
Having it up-to-date
You should always have your system up-to-date. This will make the speed of your system better as corrupted files are removed.
- For Windows users- Do Windows update for updating your Windows.
- For Mac Users- Go to Mac Application Store for updating your Mac.
Hope your laptop speed has been improved.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source : How To Speed Up A Slow Laptop
Created on Mar 5th 2019 15:12. Viewed 194 times.