How to Setup Kindle Fire 8 for a Child?by Gerry Martin office setup
In the current day and age, owning a smart device is nothing extraordinary. Amazon tablet is a great example of it as the device is effective, versatile, and cheap, as well. In case you own one and want to set it up for a child, then the blog will help you out. So, here are the steps to set up the Kindle Fire 8 for a child.
Child’s Account Setup
- Enable or wake up the Fire tablet and then reach the home page.
- Swipe lower side from upper side of the display to use a quick access panel.
- Choose Settings.
- Then move lower side to Personal section.
- Go to the “Profiles and Family library’.
- Select Add a child profile.
- In case you did not make a password of Parental Controls, then now you will be asked to provide one. Pursue the on-screen steps to set this up. If not, then type the password you have set up before.
- Go to the ‘Add Child Profile’ window, select text box called First Name, and type the child’s name.
- To modify gender on the account, select Boy.
- Go to the Birthdate section and type the date in it.
- Select among Use Teen Profile or Use Amazon FreeTime.
- Navigate to the ‘Add All Kids’ headings to add every kid Friendly marked content you have to the profile of the child, or you should be able to select titles separately.
- Then you will receive an offer to begin s 1-month trial free of the FreeTime Unlimited monthly subscription service in case you are not registered already.
- You should select ‘Start Free Trial or No Thanks.
- In case you would like to give the kids to an age suitable filtered browser provided by Amazon and then select Enable Browser.
- Navigate to the child’s profile box and check on it then select Done.
- Now, choose OK to agree the Smart Filters being enabled, which will guide to tailor the available content to the child.
Make a Profile on Fire for Kids on Older Fire Tablets
If you want to make a profile on Fire for kids on older Fire Tablets, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Get started by going to wake up or enable the Fire tablet and then reach the home page.
- After that, you should select the Apps option.
- Go to the Fire for Kids option.
- You have to choose to Get Started.
- Then you should type a password. In case you have applied Parental Control previously, and then it will be set up the password before. If not, the password which you input will be the password of Parental Controls now on.
- After completing the password process, now you should reach the Add Child Profile page.
- Select the ‘Tap to set photo to add a picture of your child.’
- Go to the Next option, tap on it.
- Now, to finish the set up of Fire for Kids, you will have to include some content sort to the account.
- You should be able to include items that you have bought already, and also logging the account ready to a Fire for Kids Unlimited subscription monthly.
- Later, you should choose Done to finish making the profile.
- Now, in case you want to make one or more profiles, then select Add Another Child option.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.
Created on Dec 3rd 2019 08:28. Viewed 32 times.