How to Send and Manage Group Messages on Mac?
by John Smith SEO Executive
If you are extremely popular in your high school or have a large office team, then you must be getting a lot of group messages. Group messages are awesome. They help you collaborate with others. You can create a group of your family members, teammates, classmates, etc., and communicate with all of them in a single place. Here is the complete guide for sending and managing group messages on MacOS devices.
How to send a group message?
- Go to your Mac’s Dock.
- Click on Messages app.
- Go to the Compose a New Message icon. It is shaped like a dog-eared page with a pencil. You will find it in the top left edge of the screen.
- In the box next to “To” enter the contact’s name you wish to add. For example, if you want to create a workgroup, then add your boss’ name.
- Enter the name of the other contacts you want to add to the group.
- When you have entered all the names of the people would wish to send the group message to, to go the text box present in the lower area of the screen and enter the text you wish to convey.
- Press the Return button, and the message will get sent to the group.
How to add a group name?
So, now that you know how to send a group message, you may want to customize it. If you post a lot of group messages, then it may be hard for you to locate them. To make access more manageable, you can name your group messages. For instance, if you have sent a group message to your schoolmates telling them that History class is canceled, then you can name the group “History Class Cancelled.” Also, you can modify the name and when you want.
- Go to the Messages app.
- Click on the Message thread.
- In the top right side of the screen, hit the Details button.
- Now, from the pull-down menu, select Add a group name option.
- Key in the name for the group message thread,
- Press the Return button to add or change the name.
How to mute group messages?
Now, sometimes, group messages and their notifications may get annoying. When you are working on something important and want to focus on it entirely, group messages can be very distracting. You can mute group messages on your Mac device and enjoy a notification-free Mac experience.
- In the Messages app, click on the group message conversation.
- Click the Details option located at the top right edge of the screen.
- From the pull-down menu, click on the square next to Do Not Disturb.
How to exit a group message?
If you wish to exit a group message altogether, whatever the reason may be, then here is how you can do so:
- Open the message conversation you want to exit from.
- Hit the Details button located in the top right edge of the screen,
- Select Leave This Conversation from the list of options.
John Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup
Source : https://keyactivation.net/blog/how-to-send-and-manage-group-messages-on-mac/
Created on Sep 4th 2018 09:49. Viewed 116 times.