How to restore files from Norton Online Backup?by John Adward I am working as a technical expert
At times, you might need to create a backup of the files or folders available on your PC. The reason why might you need to do so can be varying depending on person to person. Sometimes, you might want to reset the PC to its factory settings or you might want to take it to the technician for fixing various issues. In this situation, it is important that you create a backup. Using the backup feature you can gain access to any file at any time. People usually back up their files optical disk or the USB drives.
It is very easy to restore files from norton.com/setup Online Backup using the Norton Autorun feature. This helps you gain access to the backed-up files and restore them to the computer. Norton Autorun Restore feature runs automatically and opens the Portable Restore Window. This is done at the time when you insert an optical disc where you have created the backup. The Autorun feature allows you to restore files to their original location.
Recommendations to restore files from Norton Online Backup
- It is recommended that you manually launch the Autorun Restore feature on disabling Windows auto-run option.
- To open Norton, you can use the “Launch” option available in the Portable Restore window.
- When you use this option, you will be notified about the name of the backup set, size of the backed-up files, and about the date and time when you made the backup.
- You are always provided with the option to select the files that you want to restore to their original location. By default, Autorun restores the files C:\Restored Files\. You can change the location of the restored files.
Method to restore files from Online Backup ( www.norton.com/setup )
- Take the optical disc which contains the backed-up files and inserts it into the provided slot.
- In the next step, you have to click on the “ARestore” icon. Navigate to the optical disk when you know that the Windows AutoPlay option is not enabled.
- Now, you have to double-click on the “ARestore” icon to start the Autorun program.
- In the window that opens, tap on the “Select Files to Restore” option.
- Navigate to the left pane and look for the “Filter Results By section” option.
- Choose a file category from where you want to access the files to restore.
- Now, move to the right pane and tick mark the desired files.
- Select “All” if you want to restore all the files and tick-mark the checkbox available in the header.
- When you see the “Restore to” option, click one of the following:
- Original Location- when you want to restore the files to the original location.
- Custom Location- in case you want to restore the files to a new location.
- Tap on the ‘Restore Selected” option and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Once you restore the files, you can access its contents whenever needed. The restored files need not be backed up again if you haven’t deleted the files from the backup location because the Norton backup doesn’t remove the files until you ask it. It is recommended that you create a regular backup of your files to never miss out on any essential information
Created on Jul 24th 2019 06:26. Viewed 238 times.