How to Resolve QuickBooks could not load the license data Errorby Justin Conner Accounting Helpline
Among several errors that QuickBooks Desktop encounters most of them arises while registering the product and one such error that we are going to discuss is QuickBooks Could Not Load the License Data Error. This error appears in QuickBooks registration because of various reasons, and most of them are related to the errors in the registration file. However, resolving the license data error is not a difficult task if you know the correct troubleshooting method. In this article, you will find all the reasons that cause QuickBooks could not load the license data error along with a detailed troubleshooting method, so follow the complete article until the end for detailed information.
Call QuickBooks Error Support Team at (844)-888-4666 and Get QuickBooks License Errors Resolved Instantly
What Cause QuickBooks License Data Error
- Qbregistration.dat file contains all the important software registration information and if this file is missing from system storage or for some reasons QuickBooks is unable to access the file then QuickBooks license data error appears in the system.
- Corrupt or damaged MSXML file that is a Microsoft component also triggers license errors in QuickBooks as this file plays a vital role in the software registration process.
- Third-party antivirus or Anti-Malware interrupting the installation and registration of QuickBooks.
- In case if you are trying to open the file without saving it, then this action can also trigger QuickBooks license data error.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix License Data Error in QuickBooks
Step 1: Delete QuickBooks ECML file
1. Open task manager and right click the QuickBooks process.
2. Select End Task and click Yes.
3. Open Windows File Manager and navigate to QuickBooks folder that contains ECML file.
4. Usually the file is located inside C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\v8 folder.
5. Right click the file and select Delete.
6. For confirmation click Yes.
7. Try to register QuickBooks once again.
8. if you are still getting license data error in QuickBooks then follow the next troubleshooting step.
IMPORTANT: In case if you are regularly facing issues running QuickBooks on your desktop then you can host QuickBooks over the cloud to avoid such errors. Follow our article The Best Way to Host QuickBooks in the Cloud for detailed instructions.
Step 2: Perform an Update of Your Windows
1. Click the Start button and select Control Panel from the options.
2. Click System Security and Updates.
3. Select check for updates.
4. Hit Update Windows Now.
5. Restart your computer after downloading the updates.
6. Wait until Windows install all the latest updates on the Boot screen.
7. Once the Windows has installed all the updates try to register QuickBooks and if you still see the license data error in QuickBooks then try to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
In some instances we have noticed that the problem still trouble users even after applying all the troubleshooting steps and if you are also one of the users facing the same error even after following all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article then we suggest you to contact our certified QuickBooks experts at (844)-888-4666. Our certified technicians have years of experience troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop license data errors and can provide you a swift solution to the problem in the shortest time possible, so don’t hesitate and call our support line now.
Created on Jul 8th 2019 12:37. Viewed 349 times.