How to Resolve Avast Background Service Not Running Issue?by Olivia James Mycustomerservice
Presence of malware and viruses can cause a genuine threat to your system. That is why you need to make sure that your antivirus software is running smoothly, and your PC is protected. Avast antivirus is the prominent security software that keep your computer safe from online threats. If you ever encounter any error related to your anti-virus software, then you can contact Avast Helpline and consult an expert to troubleshoot the problem. This article gives you an overview of how to resolve the Avast Background Service not running issue since it is a common error that can disrupt your anti-virus software.
Steps to Fix Avast Background Service Not Running Issue
Normally, the “Background Service” error message appears along with the “Start now” and “Resolve all” options. You can use any of the methods mentioned below to fix the error and get the background service running again.
Method 1: Run AvastEmUpdate.exe or Update Avast
· Open the Settings menu then click on Apps & Features.
· Next, search for the Avast Free Antivirus option and click on it.
· After that, press Modify and click Yes when the UAC dialog box appears.
· Next, open your Avast application and click the Update option.
· Now, restart your computer and check if the background service is running.
Method 2: Re-install Avast Antivirus Software
· First, open the “Apps & Features” section on your computer.
· Search Avast Free Antivirus from the list and click Uninstall.
· Then, visit the official Avast website and download the latest version.
· Now, complete the instructions and install the downloaded file on your computer.
Method 3: Modify & Repair Avast Antivirus Software
· First of all, go to the Applications and Features settings on your computer.
· Next, select Avast Free Antivirus and click on the Modify button.
· Now, when the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Yes.
· Then, click the Repair button in the application window.
· Wait until setup repairs your antivirus software and then reboot your computer.
Method 4: Startup Type Automatic
· Open the search bar and type services.msc.
· Go through the list of results and click Services and look for the Avast Antivirus service.
· Open the Avast Antivirus Properties window.
· Then, using drop-down box select the Startup type and set it to Automatic.
Method 5: Disable Avast Shields Control
· Right click on the Avast icon on your system.
· Go to the context menu and select Avast Shield Control.
· Next, tap the slider, so it turns red to disable the Core Shields.
· Then, enter the time duration you want to disable Avast Shields Control.
· At last, reboot your system and launch the antivirus software to check if the background service is running.
If you have any trouble in performing the steps stated above, you can reach the experts by dialing Avast Antivirus Helpline Number and get the assistance.
Created on Jul 11th 2019 06:50. Viewed 80 times.