How to Replace a Framed Shower Door Drip Railby PFOkUS F. Buy Frameless Shower Door Sweep
Water leaks from shower doors are a familiar complication. Leakage from the corners of the glass enclosure and the underside of shower doors can be fixed without spending tremendously. While most house owners try temporary solutions for shower door drip rail replacement, usage of low quality products inadvertently foil their efforts. Not opting for quality and trustworthy shower door drip rails will invite mold and mildew onto the wet and leaky shower floors. Further, we will introduce you to framed shower door drip rails which will bail you out from the most tedious shower door leakages.
Forged Aluminum Framed Shower Drip Rails-
pFOkUS delivers the best quality aluminum drip rails bestowed with an endless gutter that directs water towards the shower drain. It efficiently helps in blocking the water from escaping through the bottom of the shower door enclosure. It is available in a variety of sizes, colors and lengthsthat will suit any type of framed glass shower door. The power packed built-in bottom seal helps in the optimum functioning of the product.
Series of Steps for Drip Rail Replacement-
- Before you place an order for a new shower door drip rail, measure the thickness of the shower glass. The shower glass will be 0.24, 0.32 or 0.40 inches thick. Accordingly, purchase a drip rail that is either exactly the right length or longer.
- Inspect the drip rail that you are replacing to determine if it is held in place by adhesive, tape or screws. Further, proceed with turning the screws of the drip rail with a screwdriver and scrape off the adhesive with a putty knife.
- Clasp the damaged shower door drip rail at one end and pull it free. Keep the new drip rail and the old one side-by-side to check if the length matches. If the new one is slightly longer than the old one, make a mark on it with a marker pen, such that it matches the length of the older drip rail.
- Cut the new drip rail as per your requirement and smooth the edges using a sand paper. pFOkUS’ framed shower door drip rails are installed with vinyl sweeps which are cut on an angle at the bottom. Place the large end towards the end of the door and the shorter end towards the door hinge.
- Thoroughly clean the area around the drip rail of the shower door with rubbing alcohol before going ahead with the shower door drip rail replacement. While installing the new drip rail, use a little soapy water to thread the vinyl sweep into the track.
- Position the height of the drip rail in such a way that the vinyl sweep doesn’t allow water to leak from the gap at the bottom of the door. But not too low that the sweep gets stuck beneath the door when you close it.
Now, adhere the drip rail to the door by peeling the paper off the waterproofing
tape. Make sure to remove the black end cap in the rail closet of your door
hinge so that the water drains back into the shower.
Created on Oct 4th 2017 07:04. Viewed 399 times.