How to Remove Vocals from a Song?by Billy Mark Microsoft Office Setup Activate
Want to remove vocals from your favorite track? If yes, then you are on the right spot. Here, we will teach you how to separate vocals from a song. If you are going to use a computer for this, then you should download and install Audacity to your device. Audacity is one of the leading audio editing software in the world for computers. Kindly note, Audacity can edit most types of songs, but some songs aren’t supported.
Removing vocals from a song in some cases can be really beneficial. Suppose you want to get an instrumental version of your favorite song, but when you Googled for it, you found no relevant results. So what will you do now? The best thing you can do is manually remove the vocals from that specific track by using an audio editor software. So what’s the wait? Let’s get into it.
Step 1: Download and Install Audacity
- Head to the “https://www.audacityteam.org/download/” web address on your favorite internet browser.
- Now download the Audacity software according to your devices such as for Windows, Linux, or Mac.
- Once the installer file is downloaded, our next step is running the Audacity setup file that you just downloaded.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions to install the tool into your device.
Step 2: Open the Audacity Application
Now open the application on your Mac or Windows PC. You can do that by simply accessing the icon created on the desktop.
More To Read
- How to Install BASH Software on Your Windows 10 Computer?
- How to Change Mouse Sensitivity on Your MacBook?
Step 3: Import the Song
The simplest way to import songs on Audacity is by dragging a song from a folder into the Audacity window. Here’s how to do that:
- First of all, open the folder in which the song is stored, and then open Audacity on the same screen. Now make both windows smaller so that you can see both the folder and Audacity on the screen.
- Now click and hold down on the song which you want to make vocal-free. Move your cursor to the Audacity windows and then release the click.
- By doing so, the song will be drag and dropped to Audacity. You can also use the same when you want to import any song from iTunes. Simply drag and drop the song into the Audacity tab.
This is how to import a song or MP3 file into the audio editor.
Step 4: Splitting the Stereo Track
- Press the drop-down arrow located beside the title of the song on the top-right corner.
- Now choose the “Split Stereo Track” option.
Now the song’s stereo tracks are split.
Step 5: Choose the Lower Track
To choose the lower track, simply double click on the second track located beneath the upper track. Once you have double-clicked on the track, it should seem darker than the upper track.
Step 6: Invert the selected track
Now click on the Effects option, located on the top menu. Now a drop-down menu will appear; you have to tap on the “Invert” option. This will invert the lower track.
Step 7: Setting Up Mono for Both Tracks
- Go to the drop-down arrow option situated beside the label of your song.
- Select the Mono option.
- Now do this for the other track too.
From now on, both tracks will produce single-channel signals.
Step 8: Export the Newly Created track
Now press the Play button to ensure that vocal is removed from the music track. Once you are satisfied with the newly created instrumental song, it’s time to save the file. For that, navigate to the File option located on the top menu. Now hit the Export option from the drop-down options.
Just after, hitting the Export button, you may see a message on the screen asking you to provide the name of the newly created audio file.
Wrapping It Up
Audacity is a simple and powerful tool to edit audio files and do crazy things with a song. You only need to install it once; after that, you can edit countless audio files.
Source : How to Remove Vocals from a Song?
Alex Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Alex has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Oct 18th 2019 01:07. Viewed 36 times.