How to Remove the Activate Windows Watermark Permanently in 2019?by Isa Bella SEO Strategist
If you want to activate your Windows, then you should have a "Windows activation key," because you need it during the activation process. You can buy a product key online, and if you have bought a Windows installation DVD, then you must get a Windows activation key along with the DVD.
How to Activate Microsoft Windows 10 using a Product Key?
To permanently get rid of this activation watermark, activate your Windows using an authorized "product key" aka Windows activation key. If you got a genuine product key even from Windows 7 or 8, then it works in Windows 10.
- Hit the Start button on your keyboard to trigger the Start menu on your PC.
- After that, Head to the Settings.
- Now click on the Update and Security option
- Tap on the "Activation" button.
Now from here, you can easily activate your Windows. There are multiple links such as "Where to find your product key" along with the Windows store to buy a new product key. If you already got an activation key then see the instructions below to activate your windows:
- Go to the "Update product key."
- After that, click on the "Change product key" option.
- Type in your 25-digit long activation key.
By doing, so your Windows will be activated for life-long, and the activation watermark will be removed automatically. Make sure to reboot your device to experience the changes.
Make sure to create a Microsoft account and keep it always signed in to your account, especially while activating your Windows. Microsoft account can remember the activation process so in the future if you install a new copy of Windows, then it would activate your Windows just by signing in.
How to Reactivate Windows after a Hardware Change?
Sadly, the Windows activation can be undone if you change any faulty hardware from your PC such as Motherboard, RAM, or hard drive. But thanks to the Microsoft account which remembers the activation of your Windows. With its help, you can reactivate your Windows even after replacing hardware from your device. See the intrusions below to reactivate your Windows using your Microsoft account:
- Navigate to the Settings on your device.
- Then head to the Updates & Security.
- Go to Activation.
- Now click on the "Troubleshoot" option.
- Press the "I change the hardware on this device recently" option.
- Log into your Microsoft account and your Windows will be activated automatically.
This will remove the Activate Windows watermark from your Windows PC. Hopefully, this information helped you.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Sep 3rd 2019 03:37. Viewed 80 times.