How to Rectify HP Printer “Ink System Failure” Error?by Lillian Wilson computer,printer,software
Error messages are very common for every HP Printer user. Basically, error codes and messages are meant to convey a message to the user that their printer is having some issue due to which they might not be able to continue with printing. One such error message is “Ink System Failure”. This error message might be accompanied with some error code which is a combination of alphabets and numbers, such as:
These alphanumeric codes are different for different printer models. To know about exact error code for your printer, please connect with HP Printer Support Number UK. You can try the different methods suggested in this section to fix this problem.
Solution 1: Always use genuine HP ink cartridge
HP engineers always recommend its users to use genuine ink and toner cartridge. Genuine cartridge not only assures good quality print but they are also compatible with your machine. Yu can check your ink and toner cartridge compatibility from HP SureSupply webpage. From there you can also buy genuine cartridge. Follow the given steps for the same:
- Visit HP SureSupply webpage and if asked, select your country and region.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to order new cartridge which is suitable for your printing machine.
If the issue is not related to genuine cartridge then you can continue to next solution.
Solution 2: Check for ink level
An empty or low ink cartridge can also cause the error. HP Printers are designed in such way that they allow you to check for estimated ink level of your cartridge. Windows user can follow the given steps for the same:
- Search for your printer model and click it to open HP Solution center.
- Then click on Settings>Print Settings>Printer Toolbox.
- On the printer toolbox page, click the “Estimated Ink Level” tab.
If you find any low or empty ink cartridge then you need to replace it to get the issue fixed.
Solution 3: Reset your printer to fix the error
Resetting printer resolves most printer issue, not only this but you might able to fix other errors as well with this method.
- Turn the printer on and wait until it becomes idle.
- Now disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Then wait for a minute and plug the power cord back in the wall outlet.
- After that, reconnect the power cord at the rear of the printer and turn on the machine.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and printer becomes idle.
Hopefully, your error is resolved, although if it doesn’t then go to the next step.
Solution 4: You need to clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts
Sometimes ink buildup or debris over ink cartridge contacts can display the error. You can clean the contact by following the given instructions:
- Turn on your printer and open ink cartridge access door.
- Remove ink cartridge from the machine and press the tab on them to release them.
- Place the cartridge on the clean surface and if you see an orange tab on the cartridge please remove it.
- Examine the vent area and if you find them clogged then use a pin to clean it.
- Use a lint-free, dampen cloth to clean contacts.
- Once you are done please carefully insert back your cartridge in the printer.
If none of the above solutions resolves the issue then there are chances that the problem is related to the print head, try cleaning the print head using the automated tool and if that doesn’t work then clean it manually. If that too doesn’t help you then you might need to replace the print head. But better connect with masters on HP Printer Helpline Number UK to accurately fix the issue.
Created on Apr 6th 2018 05:18. Viewed 150 times.