How to Protect Computer From Viruses and Online Threats
by Lucia Mandela software
The topmost priority is Security to every individual, and when it comes to cybersecurity, it becomes a serious matter of securing our data. Nowadays, there are various cyber threats or malicious viruses are active on the web. Then in this situation, the need for cyber Security appears quickly on our mind. In this case, you have to detect a particular cyber issue and remove it instantly to keep your data safe on the web.
Source:How to Protect Computer From Viruses and Online Threats
Here is how to protect and secure our system to form harmful viruses and threats.
- Easy ways to Protect Our Data Safe
There are various ways to keep our system secure from online thefts and spyware, malware, and harmful viruses as well. They can steal our important data from our website that we use regularly. The methods include installing a genuine “Antivirus” program, applying a secure and undetectable passcode in all your websites, checking security settings and scan for harmful viruses and malware for protection.
- Activating Automatic Updates
No browser is completely safe without having various programs for detecting malware and virus scans. There are various programs and software available that keep your data updated automatically and minimize your security risk. You have to turn ON the “Automatic Update” feature so that your system will get the Software or program updated on its own.
Note: It is recommended to turn automatic update features to “ON” for various security matters as the latest updates packed with features that remove various online viruses and minor issues.
- Running Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware and Antivirus Programs on your System
Most users tend to use multiple antivirus software on a particular device. It is not recommended as it may crash after some time. The best program for detecting viruses on your system is the “Windows Defender” tool. It’s free, built-in and works as a very effective tool for all the OS. It automatically updates your Software or programs with the help of the “Windows Update” utility tool.
If you wish to make your Windows Defender tool more powerful and effective, then you can use a second antivirus program to integrate with your OS.
To secure your online data from online threats, it is advised to make a secure password so that nobody can unlock it. There are various methods to apply encryption to your online browser’s accounts.
It is also advised to follow these steps:
- Don’t use the same password for multiple online websites.
- Don’t share your passcodes to anyone.
- Use the “Password Manager” tool like “LastPass etc. to secure and make encryption to your account so that anyone can’t guess your password easily.
- It is recommended to use various tools like “BitLocker,” “VeraCrypt,” “FileVault” for securing your site or data.
- Careful About Software that You wish to Download
In case you wish to install a particular program or Software, then follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to check it properly before downloading it.
- Then, you have to navigate to the official website of the particular program or Software and then read whole instructions before tapping the download tab.
- After confirming that it is safe for your device or system, then you can download the particular program.
Note: Never download any program from supporting websites or any other malicious sites.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Dec 24th 2019 06:59. Viewed 516 times.