How to Plan E-commerce Website Design and Development?by Satish Gatt Software Developer
What do you think can make an e-commerce website successful? Security? User interface? Design? Good planning? Huge investment? You must be wondering to consider one or the other aspect, but, the truth is all the mentioned factors hold equal importance when it comes to success for an e-commerce business.
If you are an investor or business owner then you must be aware of the plan of action that can make your business super successful or degrade the results far beyond your expectations. Therefore, it is important to realise the most basic plans to make your business a huge success.
Let’s have a walk through the most essential factors that help in building a great plan for website design and development,
1. Investment – E-commerce development is not an easy task to perform. Unlike other websites, e-commerce needs more skilled and expert team of developers for a longer duration of time. More team members and a greater working timeline mean more money invested. Therefore, before you plan to hire a company or set up an individual team, make sure that you have a good amount of money to invest it.
2. Merchant accounts – For every e-commerce transaction, you need to be able to accept payment from credit and debit cards, therefore, ensure that you have a merchant account that is eligible and can be integrated on the website.
3. Payment Gateways – The e-commerce website design services involve integrating the payment gateway that acts as a point-of-sale terminal between the buyer and the merchant. Also, it offers the users to pay in various ways but in a quick turn around time.
4. Shipping – As the owner of the business, you need to figure out the shipping charges that must be attached to the cost of the product or it will be charged separately from the customer. You have to figure this out and keep it transparent.
5. Architecture of the store – An e-commerce business is sure to have hundreds of products to be sold online. Therefore, the website development agency must build the design such that endless products can be accessed and searched easily as per the requirements of the customers. Not only this but the interface should be advanced to provide the viewer with product description at a glance.
6. Search feature – As a businessman, one must think about the customers first. This helps you think what will suit the buyers best and you end up making a successful deal. Similar goes with website design. Not only the menu but also adding tabs for the new arrival, winter collection, summer collection, etc. can be helpful in enticing and impressing the audience. This feature makes the search a little easier if the bait looks relevant.
7. Marketing plans – Though it might seem too early yet it is important to consider while hiring website design services. This ensures that your website will be compatible with online marketing scripts and you would not have to spend extra money later in maintaining the site with respect to campaigns.
8. Content – Though e-commerce site has products yet it does not mean that there will be any less content. In fact, a product-based website requires more content in terms of description and models. Make sure that before going live, the content is uploaded with appropriate graphics and images.
The planning before the designing is essential to get one acquainted with the procedure that will follow after the development and also helps you address the requirements of your business.
Created on Nov 26th 2018 05:37. Viewed 423 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.