How to Manual Setup for Canon Printer Pixma MX492?by Alex Smith Printer Support Services
Canon printers are undoubtedly one of the best printers available in the market. They produce different models of printers of every kind like inkjet and laser for all your requirements. You can purchase them from any electronic retail shop and set it up. Here, we will have a look at the process for Canon Pixma MX492 manual setup. The process is quite simple and you do not need any assistance to setup the printer. You can refer to the manual you must have received while purchasing the printer. If you need to make any print and connect the device to the printer, it is important that the printer should be first connected to the Wi-Fi network. It is also important that the connection between the device and Wi-Fi is strong and stable. Another thing to take care is that both the printer and the device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Let’s have a look at the steps.
Steps to setup Canon printer manually:
· Turn on your printer by pressing the power button on the printer.
· Then click on the settings button and use the up and down arrow button to navigate to settings.
· Go to device settings and click ok.
· As you press the arrow button looking for options, press ok when you see LAN settings.
· Then click ok on wireless LAN settings.
· The printer will look for the available Wi-Fi connections nearby.
· You will see the name of your network in the list of devices, click ok.
· Then, enter the password for your Wi-Fi.
· Press ok and you will see the word, connected on screen.
Another way of connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi network is through the WPS method. Let’s have a look at the steps.
· The set up might seem confusing at first, but the procedure is quite easy to follow and not that complicated as it may sound. Most of the routers have a WPS push button. It is there to sync a wireless printer. To connect the wireless printer using the WPS button, perform the following steps.
· Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the router for a few seconds.
· Now, press the Start button and then the Wi-Fi button again.
· You should see that the on button is now lit up.
· Press down the WPS button.
In order to complete, Canon Pixma MX492 setup on Windows. Turn on the printer and press the setup button. You will see the option of Wi-Fi setup in the menu. Click on that. Keep clicking on the arrow beside Wi-Fi setup menu. You will see the option of manual setup. Press ok. You will see a list of Wi-Fi networks available. Select the name of your network. Click ok. Now, you would require to enter your password. A connection should establish and then click on ok to complete the process. The printer will be in sync with the Wi-Fi network for wireless printing. Thereafter, you can simply select the documents and print them.
Created on Jul 7th 2022 05:19. Viewed 99 times.