How to Manage the Norton Smart Firewall?by Lillian Wilson computer,printer,software Firewall is an important component of Norton security. Norton Smart Firewall monitors everything that comes and goes out through the internet. Apart from these, a firewall can also protect your system against other common security issues. It will warn you about connection attempt from other computers and attempt by any of your computer’s program to connect with other computers. It also clocks the inactive ports on your computer which will further protect you from cyber attacks that can take place through port scanning.
It is far better than Windows Firewall, as Windows firewall only monitors inbound traffic whereas Norton smart firewall also monitors outbound communication. Symantec experts whom you can contact at Norton Support Number UK always suggest their users to keep the smart firewall turned on. The firewall creates its own rules for each program that you run. With the Smart Firewall turned on, Norton keeps the Automatic Program Control settings for all the programs. You can turn on or turn off Smart Firewall as per your choice but remember turning it off will reduce your system protection.
· Launch your Norton program.
· If you see My Norton Window, click Open which is located next to Device Security.
· Otherwise, in Norton’s main window, click Settings.
· From Settings, go to Firewall.
· The from the General Settings tab, access the Smart Firewall row and then move the on\off slider to turn the Firewall on or off.
· Click Apply.
· If you want, you can also select the duration till when you want to keep the Firewall featured turned off.
· Then click OK.
Note: Make sure you don’t keep the firewall turned off for long as this will make your system vulnerable to cyber threats.
There is another way as well to enable or disable Norton smart firewall. You can do this from the Windows notification area.
· You can see Norton icon on the taskbar near in the notification area. Right-click the Norton icon and then click “Disable Smart Firewall” or “Enable Smart Firewall” as per your requirement.
· If prompted, then select the duration until when you want to keep the Smart Firewall turned off.
· Then click Ok to save your settings.
You can also configure your firewall rules and settings as per your security needs. Even if you are encountering false positive then you can manage that as well. Our technical experts can help you with this task. You can call them at Norton Contact Number UK and ask them about Firewall exception rules. They will help you in all possible manners to enhance your online security.
Created on Oct 23rd 2018 07:35. Viewed 128 times.