How To Lock A Door Without A Lockby Blair Nicole PR, Marketing
Emergency situations can often arise where you find yourself locked out of your home, office or automobile. Other problems with locks may require having them re-keyed or replaced entirely. A qualified, bonded and experienced locksmith like those available at AllHourLocksmith.com is essential to ensure the best in reliable locks for all your personal and professional security needs. If stuck in a situation where you are unable to contact a qualified locksmith sandy Utah there are ways to lock a door without a lock.
Use of a “Plastic Fork” to Lock a Door Without a Lock
If there is no other remedy available, you can use a kitchen fork, using extreme caution, to lock a door that does not have a lock, from the outside, until you can contact a licensed and bonded locksmith.
To do this you will need a metal fork, a thick rubber band and a utility tool or needle nose pliers:
- First, estimate the size of the plastic or steel fork prongs that will best fit into your door jamb space which is between the door and the door jamb molding
- Next, choose an appropriately sized metal fork and carefully break off the handle of the fork with the utility tool or pliers
- Now, insert the part of the fork with the prongs into the door jamb space and close the door
- Then, insert the fork handle back into the middle spaces between the prongs of the fork
- Use the thick rubber band to secure the handle to the fork to make sure it does not fall out
- You have now essentially locked the door
Use of “Pennies” to Lock a Door Without a Lock
This method can also be used if no other option is available to lock a door from the outside until a locksmith can be consulted.
To do this you will need a stack of pennies:
- First, push in the top part of the door
- Next, slide several pennies into the area between the door jamb and the door jamb molding approximately 18 inches above the door handle
- Use this same procedure to slide pennies in below the door handle
- Keep putting pennies into both spaces until no more pennies can be put into these areas
- Try to have the same number of pennies both above and below the door handle
- Now, slide the penny stack above the door handle and the stack below the door handle as close to the door handle as possible
Call us today for all your Locksmith Service Needs
Call us today at 801-833-3220 if you need a locksmith in Sandy, Utah. All Hour Locksmith provides 24/7 emergency services for the entire Salt Lake City and surrounding areas. All our locksmith services are provided quickly (response time is usually less than 25 minutes) and affordable by a professional locksmith technician. We can help with any car lockouts, home or office lockouts and all re-key or lock change needs.
Created on Aug 31st 2018 02:47. Viewed 498 times.