How to Import Outlook Data File OST to Thunderbird?by Maria Hirthe Technical Analyst
Are you want to know how to import Outlook data file OST to Thunderbird, but haven’t found the right tool yet? No need to go any further because you are going to find the right solution by the end of this article.
Everyone has known OST and MBOX are file formats. Microsoft Outlook uses the OST file to save a copy of the exchange mailbox, whereas many major emails applications used MBOX files to save user data on the local machine. But OST file has many limitations because of which users need to convert OST to other file formats.
Here will explain why you need to export OST o MBOX and how to import Outlook data file OST to Thunderbird. If you are also searching to convert OST to Thunderbird .mbox file format, then this solution will be very helpful for you.
Reasons to Import OST Data File to Thunderbird
There are many reasons where users need to convert to Microsoft Outlook .ost files to Thunderbird email client. Some of them are mentioned here:
- A number of users choose Mozilla Thunderbird as it a cross-platform to move files easily.
- Microsoft Outlook is very expensive, so users are looking for free way to move Offline Outlook.ost file into Thunderbird.
- Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source and freeware email client that offers so many advanced features.
- Many start-up organization and individuals prefer to work on Mozilla Thunderbird.
How to Import Outlook Data File OST to Thunderbird Manually?
There is no direct solution available to export OST to MBOX manually. To implement the manual approaches, you need to Convert OST to PST, and after that, you can easily import PST to MBOX format.
Step 1. Convert OST to PST
- Open MS Outlook
- Go to File Menu and hit on the Open & Export option.
- Choose Import/Export option, select Export to a file from Import and Export option and hit on the Next option.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) from Export to a new Windows screen and press the Next button.
- Opt folders that you want to Export and hit on the Next button.
- Browse a location to store resultant file and click on the Finish button.
- Set password and hit on OK button.
Step 2. Import PST to Mozilla Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird email program
- Now, click on the Tools option and choose the Import tab.
- From the import window screen, choose Mail and hit on the Next button.
- Choose Outlook file type and press on the Next.
- The import wizard will process the email messages and show the results.
- Tab the finish button.
All email data items will be automatically saved in the Outlook Import folder under the local folder directory.
The manual methods need technical expertise, and sometimes the above method fails to import PST to Thunderbird. In such a situation, you can try OST Converter Tool.
Automated Solution to Convert OST Files to Thunderbird MBOX Format
There are many direct tools presented with the help of which a user can directly export OST file to Thunderbird email client within a few simple steps. One such suggested and easy to understand application is OST to MBOX Tool. It is completely safe to use and performs the entire migration process with complete security. Moreover, the solution of moving the OST file to Thunderbird is not troubled anymore with this software. In order to import Outlook.ost file to Mozilla Thunderbird, it can be smoothly performed with OST to MBOX Tool. The software offers the facility to create a log for messages that cannot be converted. OST to MBOX software is easily suitable for both technical and non-technical users. It knowledge are not necessary to use the steps of the software. Download FREE OST to MBOX software now to check the performance of the tool.
Created on Oct 23rd 2020 06:57. Viewed 65 times.