How to Fix the 1068 Error on Windows 10
by John Smith Freelancer
Windows 10 is a remarkable Operating System designed by Microsoft and the users also appreciate its efficiency. However, the OS is not free of errors and one of them is the 1068 error. The error prevents users from using the internet. If you are facing the same issue, then you are on the right post. Go through the blog and follow the steps to fix the 1068 error on Windows 10.
Fix 1: Change the DHCP to Fix 1068 Error on Windows 10
If you want to change the DHCP to fix 1068, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Click Windows key and R key to open Run box.
- Input regedit and tap on OK.
- The confirmation message will display on the screen, select Yes and continue.
- After confirming the procedure, a fresh window will appear that has different options.
- The first option will be the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE placed at the left.
- Tap on arrow to enlarge features of ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’.
- Choose the System option from the featured section and then press the arrow to enlarge the feature.
- In the System option, the users can see some options and they have to click on ‘CurrentControlSet’.
- Enlarge the CurrentControlSet option by pressing the arrow.
- Choose Services from the list.
- Go to the DHCP option by right click on it in the Services option.
- Discover the DependonService file option in right side of the section, after locating it, tap twice on it.
- Then the new files will display in a new window, remove all files except the ‘Afd’ file.
- Close the editor.
- Start the PC again.
Fix 2: How to Update the Network Adapter to Fix the 1068 Error
If you wish to update the Network Adapter to fix the 1068 error, then pursue the given instructions:
- Go to Start and right-click on it.
- Tap on Device manager.
- Then the new window will display with different options.
- Go to Network Adapter option.
- Tap on the arrow to enlarge the option and choose the relevant network Driver.
- After clicking on it, right-click to go to the drop-down section and press Update Driver.
FIX 3: Start the WLAN Autoconfig
If you want to start the WLAN Autoconfig, then abide by the given steps:
- Go to Run box and click the Windows key and R tab.
- Input services.msc’ and choose OK option.
- A new window will display that has service file.
- Go to ‘WLAN AutoConfig’.
- Then right-click and choose the Restart button.
- After completing the procedure, tap twice on WLAN AutoConfig then choose Automatic button from Startup type.
- Select Apply and then tap on OK.
- Now start the PC again to apply the changes.
Fix 4: Access the Network Utility to Troubleshoot the Error
In case you intend to access the Network utility to troubleshoot the Error, go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Tap on Start option and input Control panel, then press Enter.
- Locate the view by option at the top and choose the Large View option.
- Go to Troubleshooting when the whole features display.
- Open Troubleshooting option and tap Network and Internet button.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Choose the advanced option, you will see the Run as administrator option, tap on it and ensure to tap on checkbox Apply repairs.
- Press Next option and then continue to follow the directions to resolve the error.
- Start the PC again.
John Smith is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Dec 3rd 2019 07:50. Viewed 36 times.