How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404?by Linda Martin Professional Consultant QuickBooks Error 404 occurs when QuickBooks is unable to sync with Intuit Servers. However, QuickBooks Runtime Errors are also called as QB Update Error 404. This depends upon the type of error or how it is read within the Windows.
The synonyms of this error are listed below:
- Service messages error# 404
- QB error 404 pages not found
- QuickBooks update error 404
Main Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 404
- Update Error 404 may occur due to Page or Server, not sync-able.
- The service request is denied for a rejected URL.
- Crash command operation can also lead to “QuickBooks Error 404”.
- Incomplete download of QuickBooks or failed updates.
- System and bandwidth latency are possible reasons behind ‘Error 404’.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 404
Solution 1: Check Bandwidth Latency
- Go to Internet Explorer and open any of the frequently visited websites.
- Refresh your internet settings If you find any issues opening the URL.
- Try to restart your computer and set Internet Explorer as a default browser.
- If the issue still prevails, contact your internet service provider.
Solution 2: Change your Internet Settings
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer, go to Tools and choose Internet Options.
- Now, click on Security tab >> Trusted Sites >> Sites.
- Click Close and then Ok.
- Log out of the company file and close QuickBooks too.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks and try to open the company file.
Solution 3: Update and Fix Issues in QuickBooks
- First of all, open QuickBooks and go to Help.
- Now, you to choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, close QuickBooks.
- Try to open the file and see if QuickBooks Error 404 still exists.
If you are still the same issue, then repair QuickBooks by following the steps given below:
- Press Windows+R together.
- Now, type “Appwiz.cpl” in the box present at the bottom.
- You have to choose QuickBooks from the list of Installed Programs.
- Click on Repair and wait for the process to complete.
Solution 4: Re-configure System Settings
- The first step is to log out of the company file and close QuickBooks.
- Now, update your Windows and restart your system.
- Open Internet Explorer >> Tools Menu >> Internet Options.
- Next, you have to click on the Advanced tab.
- Verify TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 are not checked then click on OK.
- Shut down all the programs and press Windows+R together.
- Now type MSConfig and hit OK.
- You will see a System Configuration screen, click on General.
- Go to Startup Selection >> Selective Startup >> Ok.
- You have to restart the computer.
- Open QuickBooks company files to see if the error 404 is rectified.
We recommend you to follow the steps mentioned above to resolve Update Error 404. If the problem remains unfixed, you can seek technical guidance from our certified experts. Just dial our QuickBooks Help Center Number 1-877-263-2742.
Created on May 6th 2019 06:34. Viewed 303 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.