How to Fix QuickBooks Company file is missing or cannot be found Issue?by Adelina Martin Bookkeeping & Accounting Solution For Small Busine
Experiencing some or the other error in QuickBooks can be pretty much common, one such error can be company file is missing or not found error in QuickBooks. This particular error is seen with a warning message that reads “The company file you selected could not be found”. You can try one of the following:
“Choose the Open or Restore Company…. Command from the file menu to look for this file in a different directory
Or Use the search tool from the windows start menu to search for this file in the system”.
There can be a couple of reasons can trigger company file is missing or cannot be found error in QuickBooks which we will be talking about later in this segment. If you are also facing any such error, then reading this segment till the end would definitely work. Or you can also connect with our tech personnel for any sort of tech assistance using our helpline.
What triggers QuickBooks company file not found error?
You can experience the QuickBooks company file not found error due to the following reasons:
· In the scenario when there is a conflicting QBW.tlg file
· Moreover, if there is any issue with the location of the QBW file, which includes access permission
· Another reason can be if the company file name is too large, then such an error can be experienced
· You can also experience similar issue if the QBWUSER.INI file is missing or damaged
· Also, if the program files are damaged
· Experiencing similar issue is also possible if the QuickBooks data is corrupted.
Measures to be taken to fix QuickBooks company file not found error
You can try performing the below measures to fix the issue:
Measure 1: Copy the company file to a new location
- Herein, you need to create a new folder in C: drive
- Furthermore, you need to open the folder where the company file is saved
- Later on, press and hold ctrl key and also opt for the company file and the corresponding .tlg file.
- Right click and choose copy option
- Moreover, open the new folder and right click and choose paste tab.
Measure 2: Verifying the network connectivity
· Under this procedure, you need to spot the name of the server system
o You need to press windows + R keys.
o Furthermore, open run dialog box
o Also, type in CMD and click on enter tab
o You now have to type ipconfig/all and click on enter tab
- You need to note the server names
- Enter ping and name of the server in the next window
- Choose enter tab
- You will see a reply for each pocket
o In case you get any packet loss then it means that there are certain issues with the network connection.
Coming to the end of this segment, we believe that you might be able to deal with the company file is missing or cannot be found in QuickBooks issue successfully. In case for some reasons, you aren’t able to then in that scenario, connect with our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise technical support team personnel using our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
Created on Mar 10th 2022 06:15. Viewed 110 times.