How To Fix Norton Antivirus Issues In The Norton Setup Updateby Lena Smith Technical Engineer
Norton is an Anti-malware security software which provides regular scanning and detection of errors in the devices, applications, software, and safety browsing. Some of the salient features of Norton Setup Update, which makes it stand out of the crowd of competition, from other Antivirus security software in the market are- email spam filtering, phishing protection, and uses the signature to identify the malware.
Norton provides its users with very smooth experiences with the application and runs on all platforms including Windows and Mac OS. Norton setup products are – Norton Security Premium, Norton 360 2018, Norton Internet Security, and Norton multi-device. Each product contains different features and can be activated after successful activation, by providing the correct Norton Setup product key.
But sometimes the user may face certain errors which are very common, Norton Antivirus was set to update but it couldn’t able to complete it.
In every alternatively, Norton setup its update on software and on the database of the virus. In the worst scenario, when you put your Antivirus on the update and it couldn’t able to complete, this may affect your system in near future. You may look for the steps to fix it, as soon as possible. Thus, below provided are the steps to fix such errors in Norton Update. They are as follows:
Step 1- Disable the Windows Firewall
Most of the time Windows Firewall cause issues like stucking the update process, not letting the Norton Antivirus download the files which are necessary for the updates. Thus, letting the Antivirus stop in between the updates.
To rectify this error, you need to-
- Click on the Start menu and then click on the Internet option from the control panel list.
- In the Internet option pop-up window, deselect the Firewall
Please note- Norton Antivirus comes with Firewall and Windows Firewall. And Norton Firewall which stops Norton Antivirus for further updates.
Step 2- Free some space on Hard Drive
Sometimes the new updates from Norton Antivirus take huge storage space on your system, especially the files. Maybe at that moment, your system doesn’t have much storage space or it couldn’t provide with the sufficient space. At that time the Norton Antivirus can stop updating.
All you need to do in such situation is just delete some of your unwanted files, to provide with sufficient space. Or you can backup some of the files in the cloud or you can go for buying an external hard drive.
Please note- you can always go for shut down option from the Start menu, to shut down the PC completely. Then again restart the PC and leave it for an update.
Step 3- Remove and Install Norton Setup.
For Removing the Norton Antivirus-
- Go to the Start menu of your PC.
- You can either type Run in the dialog box or can press the Windows + R keys.
- Now type cpl on the dialog box and click Ok button.
- A page will open in your system with the list of currently installed programs. Select Norton product and then click on the Uninstall or Remove
- On the opening of the User Account Control Window, just click on the Continue option, to move next.
- Now just read and follow the provided on-screen instructions.
- Restart your PC.
For Installing the Norton Setup -
- Visit Norton.com/setup
- In the Norton My Account page, choose Sign in, if you are already a member of Norton family. Or choose Sign up, to be the new member of the Norton family.
- When asked about putting up the Norton product key. Please provide with the correct product key, for the new product or else with the previous product key
- In the Subscription page, subscribe the same Norton product or the different Norton product
- Follow the correct steps for downloading and installing the Norton product in your system.
- After the correct installation of Norton Security software. Restart your system.
- Your system is ready with the Norton Antivirus software, for detecting the malware in your systems.
Please note- If you face any trouble while removing and re-installing or installing the Norton setup products. Then please contact the Norton Support toll free number to get expert advice on your issues.
Other Tips –
- Always check on the date and time of your System.
- Do Install the correct updated version of Norton Antivirus.
- Keep O.S updated
- Always check on the Norton Licence and Subscription.
Created on Mar 16th 2018 06:20. Viewed 665 times.