How to Fix Error Code 6150 in QuickBooks Desktop?by Steve M. QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
QuickBooks error code 6150 is one of the most commonly
encountered errors. This error restricts the user from opening the company file
and pops up on the screen with an error message. There can be numerous causes
behind the occurrence of error code 6150. While using the QuickBooks software,
users might stumble upon this kind of error. While creating, opening, or using
the company file also, these kinds of errors could be seen. In today’s blog
post, we are going to discuss the causes and quick
fixes to the QuickBooks error code 6150.
However, for more details, you can also make a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370. Our team of QuickBooks experts and certified professionals can fix the bug for you.
Causes of QuickBooks error 6150
- QBW or company file is damaged
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks installation
- The company file is infected with virus
- Attempting to open QuickBooks portable file without opening QuickBooks
- Company file is infected with the virus
Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6150
Checkout the following steps in order to resolve QuickBooks error code 6150
Method 1: Restore a backup company file
- Restore from backup
- Navigate to QuickBooks and restore company file
- Apply to restore a backup copy and then hit next
- After that, select the local backup and then hit next tab once again
- The next step is to select the location of the company file backup
- And then, select the backup option that would be available with .qbb extension
- Now, the user is required to tap on the open and next button respectively
- Followed by visiting the save-in drop down menu and browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file
- After that, try a new company file name and then look whether the file is saved automatically or not
- Move ahead, by hitting Yes
- The last and final step in the process is to type Yes to confirm the overwrite process
Method 2: Check for CryptoWall
- First of all you need to open the Windows Start Menu.
- After that type “File Explorer” into search and open File Explorer.
- Search for and open your QuickBooks folder. It’s usually on your C: drive.
- Finally, look for files that contain words like “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
- Once done, Reboot your system once.
The list of methods to fix QuickBooks error code 6150 is huge. Thus, if the above stated method doesn’t work, then the user can switch any other effective method. Or another option for the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise tech support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370.
Users might find QuickBooks error 6150 to be time consuming, that is why our team of experts and certified professionals ensure to fix the bug as soon as possible.
Other helpful articles:
Created on Jan 24th 2020 00:24. Viewed 260 times.