How to fix AVG Secure VPN connection error?by James watson James
AVG or Anti-Virus Guard Antivirus is one of the reputed security Software Companies and a part of AVG technology. It scans and detects the customers’ devices and browsers at regular basis and removes the infected files. AVG antivirus is compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Android and provides free services to the user but the premier plan needs to be purchased for both online as well as offline mode.
AVG Secure VPN is an application, which connects it to the internet and protects it from the online activity. AVG secures VPN serves using an encrypted tunnel to protect the online activity from spying. AVG Secure VPN provides certain features which are totally unique from others. They are-
· Protection- Hackers can capture the sensitive data- logins and passwords. So, AVG secure VPN connection provides a complete protection against this sort of attacks.
· Anonymization-Lot of people with the help of broadband connections has fixed IP addresses, which are tracked, while browsing through the sensitive sites. So with the help of AVG secure VPN connection, the browsing session is totally anonymised. The IP address the remote server therefore could able to see the address of the VPN server not the user.
· Unrestricted access to the internet-In another location when connected through VPN server you can easily get access to the information that is restricted to the location. This leads the browsing made freely with web censorship from countries.
And, AVG Secure VPN supports-
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 / 8.1 ( 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or higher ( 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or higher (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-bit or 64-bit)
As no product comes with 100% error free, either do AVG Secure VPN does. Sometimes AVG Secure VPN may cause issues to its users’ related to connection error. The error message may occur like you’re connected to AVG Secure VPN on Windows but you can’t browse the internet, properly.
The steps are listed below, will help you in solving such issues of AVG Secure VPN –
· Do check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi, as some hotspots have weak Wi-Fi signals.
· Do verify the terms and conditions of your Wi-Fi hotspot provider.
· Go for using different browser.
· Make sure that DNS resolver is working properly (in Windows 8). To make it work, disable the smart multi-homed name resolution service.
Please note- The above steps will be available for Windows browser.
Things you need to do if AVG Secure VPN fails to establish a connection. The tips are-
1. Make sure you check it, if the internet connection works without AVG Secure VPN or not. Then disconnect AVG Secure VPN and try the web-browser. If you still facing trouble, check your network configuration.
2. Choose a different AVG Secure VPN location.
3. Do disconnect the other VPN services that are running on your PC. But if you connect to another VPN, AVG Secure VPN won’t work properly.
4. Restart your PC and try to reconnect to AVG Secure VPN again.
5. Do check the configuration of your firewall, as firewalls configuration varies according to the manufacturer.
6. Do confirm that AVG Secure VPN subscription is active. To do the same, on the main screen of AVG Secure VPN screen, select Settings (gear icon) and then verify the subscription.
Please note- If you still facing trouble in connection, then try for uninstall and re-install the software.
If you still facing issues related to AVG Secure VPN connection error then contact AVG Customer Support Number to get technical support from the experts.
Created on Apr 16th 2018 04:14. Viewed 234 times.