How to Enable Network Discovery in Windows 10?
by Bella Thomas Verified Toll-free
Network discovery is a property that makes the device
displayed to the rest of the devices and can search other devices on the
network. For making a network, devices require to search the rest of the
devices on that network itself and connect with them. This feature is helpful
in some places only.
The method disabling
network discovery in your Windows 10 device
- Firstly, write Control Panel on the Windows Search
- Then, view the Control Panel.
- Next, put the view by Category.
- After that, see the Network and Internet option.
- Then, press on Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, press on Changed advanced sharing settings.
you shall be able to view the Change sharing option for different network
The method of
enabling network discovery in your Windows 10 device for Private Networks
- Firstly, press on Private for expanding.
switch on or off network discovery
according to the need. If you wish to enable it, then you need to press on
Turn on automatic setup of network-connected devices.
The method turning
on/off network discovery in your Windows 10 device for Public Networks
- Firstly, press on Guest or Public (Current
- Same as a private network, switch network discovery
on/off according to the need.
press on Save Settings to saving the
The method of using
Command Prompt for turning off/on the network discovery
Go through the given below steps:
- Firstly, write 'CMD' on the Windows Search bar.
- Then, do a right click on the 'Command Prompt'
- After that, choose 'Run as Administrator'.
- An alternative way put the combination of Windows+R
buttons for running prompt. Write 'CMD' and put the combination of
'Control+Shift+Enter' for running the it in admin mode.
- Write the given below order for switching off the
- netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network
Discovery” new enable=No
- Write the given below order for enabling the
advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network Discovery” new enable=Yes
By chance, your device is not displayed to the rest of the
devices even after going through the above-mentioned ways, then have a look at
the options for fixing the issue.
putting a limitation on Network discovery
- Firstly, visit Control Panel.
- Then, view System and Security option.
- After that, press on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Next, go to the left panel and press Allow and app
or feature through Windows Defender Wall.
- Move downward for checking network discovery and
turn on the checkbox if you wish to enable it.
- Go to the left panel and press Windows Defender
Bella Williams, an employee currently living in USA and working at a top
email service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. I
am passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and
other articles on varied topics like canon printer support, Dell Printer
Support, Epson Printer Support etc.
Created on Sep 11th 2019 01:22. Viewed 77 times.