How to Edit Spell Check Dictionary in Windows 10?by Ricky johnshon mobile office activation
Spell check dictionary is something where all the words are stored in Windows 10. Next time when you type the wrong word in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Edge, the dictionary highlights the word as a wrong one and suggests you with correctly spelled words. But sometimes accidentally, we add a wrongly spelled word in the dictionary, and it does not notify us when we type the word with wrong spellings.
You might be thinking how is it possible to add a wrong word, but by right-clicking on a word and accidentally selecting Add to Dictionary include the word in the dictionary. Windows do not notify you for that wrongly spelled word, consequently making mistakes in your work. Now, the question is how you would get rid of the situation? No worries because Microsoft Windows 10 offers us the opportunity to edit the Spell Check Dictionary. Through this offering, Microsoft enables its users to customize their dictionary by adding, removing or editing the spelling of the words. If you have added a wrongly spelled word, then follow the steps to edit the word in the dictionary.
Let’s check out the steps to edit the Spell Check Dictionary
- Press Windows Key + Rto open Run program.
- Now, type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Spellingin the Run program.
- Now, click Okto continue.
- In the Spellingfolder, you may find more folders if other languages are installed in your computer.
- Select the folder of the language you have used.
- Every folder has three following files-
- Double click on the dic file. A notepadwill open.
- The notepad contains all the words related to a particular language.
- Now, findthe word in the notepad and edit
- Once you have changed the spelling, saveand exit
- If you want to check, then the best is to open your MicrosoftWord.
- Build a sentence including this word and check if it is notified as a wrong word or not.
- Undoubtedly, Spell check dictionary will not highlight the word as a correct one.
Now, you can edit, add and remove any word in the Spell Check Dictionary even if you have accidentally added a word. You just have to open the folder of the language you want to bring modifications and edit the word.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup
Created on Sep 3rd 2018 09:45. Viewed 52 times.