How to Download Files from OneDrive on your iPhone or iPadby Lucia Mandela software
OneDrive is indeed an amazing backup source with millions of its users around the world. Users keep OneDrive to back up their essential documents, media, and files. Today, OneDrive comes as a default backup source in many smartphones. You can easily upload files on OneDrive with your Google as well as Apple ID account. It has unlimited storage space to offer to its users. Besides this, many of the iPhone or iPad users ask how they can download files directly from OneDrive on their iOS device. Well, downloading files that are available as a backup on your OneDrive is as easy as it sounds. Besides, if you do not know how to download files directly OneDrive, then you may go through the methods I have mentioned below to do that in no time.
Here’s what to do first
The process of saving files directly from OneDrive on your iPhone or iPad is a bit different than Windows. On Windows, you can download any file from File Manager application, but it is not as simple on iOS devices. Follow the steps to do the same in no time:
- At first, download the OneDrive application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, open the app and login into OneDrive by using your Microsoft account.
- Next, open the Files app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, tap on Edit option from the menu available at the left-hand side.
- Now, enable OneDrive toggle.
- After this, once you see your files and documents inside the OneDrive app, proceed for the next step.
Here’s how to save files directly to OneDrive
After downloading OneDrive on your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below to download files and documents directly from it.
- First of all, you need to add the download file shortcut to the Shortcuts app.
- Now, go to the web page from where you are willing to download the file.
- You must have the file’s URL to download it.
- Once you have URL of that file, copy it to the clipboard.
- After copying the URL, open up the Shortcuts app.
- Now, run the Download file shortcut on your iPhone.
- After running the download file, wait until the download is completed and save the file once you are asked for it.
- To save the downloaded file, choose the desired OneDrive location.
- After choosing the location of the downloaded file, tap on the Add button and you file will be downloaded at your desired OneDrive location.
Becky Losby is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Created on Oct 25th 2019 10:19. Viewed 364 times.