How to Disable Unnecessary Running Windows Media Centerby Alex hydra technical expert in Internet security
How to Disable Unnecessary Running Windows Media Center
Windows Media Center is the one place to access and manage Movies, Music, Pictures, Videos, and much more in Window PC. It is one of the preinstalled Windows applications and also enabled by default. Although the Windows users do not frequently use it, maybe that is why Microsoft has discontinued it in the newer versions of Windows. Possibly, many of you haven’t opened Windows Media Center from a long time in your PC and want to remove or disable it from your system. Since, it is a preinstalled application, disabling or removing it would be a little complicated job. But, if you want to disable Windows Media Center in your PC, then in this article you’ll get the complete guide for it.
- The procedure for disabling Windows Media Center needs to be done carefully and takes time. So, make sure you’ve sufficient time before beginning the process. It’s better to initiate the process in your free time.
- Don’t begin the process when you’re working on a document or doing anything important in the browser.
- Save and close other running programs and work because the process requires restarting the system.
- Read all the instructions carefully before performing them on your PC.
Steps to disable Windows Media Center
- Click the round ‘Windows’ button at the left side in the taskbar. Start menu will open at the lower left side of the screen. You can also use ‘Windows’ key of the connected keyboard to open it.
- Now, find ‘Control Panel” in the Start menu and click on it. If you didn’t see it there, then type ‘Control Panel’ Panel’ and open it from the searches. As soon as, Control Panel windows open on your device, you’ll see a lot of different settings options for your PC.
- Search for “Programs’ in the Control Panel options and click on it. In some version of Windows, you’ll find it as “Programs and Features.” Just, open the one you see on your system.
- In the Programs and Features window, find the option that says “Turn Windows Features on or off.” It may be in the left column at the top or toward the bottom of the window. Clicking it will open the Windows Features dialog box at the center of your screen.
- Under the box of Windows Features, you’ll see a long programs list, scroll down and find “Windows Media Center’ into it. In several versions of Windows, you may need to open “Windows Features’ folder first to get this option.
- All the Windows programs, including Windows Media Center, would have their box checked already. It means all of these programs are enabled and working in your system.
- Now, to disable the Windows Media Center in your PC, you’ll have to uncheck its box here. Click the box of ‘Windows Media Center” to remove the checkmark.
- Read the Windows Features warning popup box, and click ‘Yes” to agree and continue. The checkmark from the box of Windows Media Center will be removed, you can see it on your screen.
- Now, click ‘OK” of the Windows Features dialog box. You’ll soon see a processing box on the screen.
- Wait for the Windows to make changes. It might take a little longer time, just relax and let it complete. Once the processing is finished, ‘Restart Now’ and “Restart Later” button will appear in the same box.
- Click ‘Restart Now’ to finish the process completely.
Your PC will now shutdown and restart with the disabled Windows Media Center.
Tim Cross is from Ohio USA. Before he started writing blogs he went through various occupations such as teaching, programming and travelling. But his favorite job is writing blogs for antivirus technology for McaFee.com/Activate.
Source :- Windows Media Center
Created on Oct 21st 2019 18:10. Viewed 78 times.