How to disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S phones?by Anna Mathew Digital marketer
Samsung has provided an additional physical key to its modern phones. The extra button mostly appears in the Samsung Galaxy S series. It is not easy to judge what is provided for. If you hit it, a digital smart assistant “Bixby” will appear on display. If you ask it to tell you something, it will answer you just like Google Assistant, and Siri does. Samsung is trying to make its own smart intelligence digital assistant like Alexa and Siri. However, many users are facing problem due to this feature and are trying to turn it off. If you want to turn off the Bixby on your Samsung smartphone, then you have come to the right place. Here’s how to turn off Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S phones?
How to Sign Up or Sign In for your Bixby Home?
At first, we need to make sure that we are signed in to our Samsung account. If you haven’t created a Samsung account yet, then you have to make it now in order to turn off the Bixby key. Let’s learn how the process of signing up in Samsung account goes.
1. Hit the Bixby button or swipe towards right side on the display of your device to bring up the Bixby Home screen.
2. Now select the language you like and then tap either option “Sign in” or “Create a new account.”
3. After that follow and fill up the required details and you are done.
Say Goodbye to Your Bixby- Let’s Disable It!
In your device, there are only two functions that work by tapping the Bixby button: one is known as Bixby, and the other is Bixby Voice. If you turn them both off, then your Bixby key would be useless and become dead. It is the best way to get rid of the Bixby button. Let’s learn to disable both functions step by step.
How to Disable the Bixby Home’s Button Shortcut?
1. Hit the Bixby key on your Samsung smartphone to access the feature.
2. Now navigate to the gear button which is situated at the top of your screen.
3. You will now be redirected to the Bixby settings.
4. There you have to tap the toggle switch to disable the Bixby Home shortcut key.
Now you won’t be directed to the Bixby home screen after tapping the key.
How to Turn Off Bixby Voice Feature on your Samsung Galaxy S Series?
1. First, navigate to the Bixby Home screen, by swiping towards the right direction on your phone’s screen.
2. Now press the Three Dots located on top-right of the device.
3. There you will have to choose Settings.
4. After that, inside the Voice section press the Bixby Voice toggle switch to turn off the Bixby Voice feature on your smartphone.
There you have it, and now the additional switch will not irritate you anymore.
Anna Mathew, writer of this blog loves to write and create awareness related to day-to-day internet threats. Major topics of her interest are Printer support like HP Printer Support, Canon Printer Support, Lexmark Printer Support etc.
Created on Aug 8th 2019 02:51. Viewed 34 times.