How to Delete Downloads on Any Platform
by Devin Smith seo
Every time you download any file from your web browser it gets saved on your device. In case you want to delete them, then you can do so by learning the steps here.
How to Delete downloads in Windows
- Tap on a new File Explorer window.
- Choose the Downloads folder set up in the left menu below This PC or Quick access both. If the user cannot find that option, then they can navigate to C:\Users\*username*\Downloads
- A record of downloaded files and folders will appear.
- Choose options you wish to delete.
- A context menu will be displayed.
- Tap on Delete.
- Then the warning appears asking that are you sure you want to shift these files to the Recycle Bin.
- Tap on Yes to continue.
- The files will move to the Recycle Bin while still remaining on the hard drive. As a result, you have not cleared any storage until you clear your Recycle Bin.
How to Delete Downloads in macOS
- Go to the Finder app by the use of the smiley face found in the lower-left corner.
- Then New Finder window will become visible.
- Tap on Downloads, situated in the left menu below the Favourites heading.
- All the files that are downloaded in the evade position will be visible in the folder.
- Choose files you want to delete.
- Manually draw them to the Trash situated in the lower right-hand corner
- Select File
- Then shift to Trash from the Finder menu.
- The user can also use the shortcut to shift these files to the junk: COMMAND+DELETE.
- Downloads will move to the Trash but they are still there on your hard. drive
- Tap Finder from the menu and tap on Empty Trash when the drop-down menu option appears.
- The user can also use the shortcut to fast delete all files from the Bin: COMMAND+SHIFT+DELETE.
- Then the warning appears asking are you sure you want to permanently delete items from junk.
- Choose Empty Trash to continue.
How to delete downloads in Android
- Go to Chrome browser.
- Click on the menu button situated on the top right corner presented by three upright-aligned dots.
- As drop-down menu appears, choose Downloads.
- A list of previously downloaded files will appear.
- Choose the menu button situated on the right of the file that the user wants to delete also signify by three vertically-aligned dots.
- As the menu option becomes visible, click on Delete.
- Repeat the same process to delete any files you want.
How to delete downloads in iOS
Just like the other operating systems, iOS does not offer a particular place where downloaded files will be launched or removed. Different ways are available to delete space in your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch by deleting videos, photos, audio files and documents.
- Go to the photos app.
- Click on Select.
- Click on all the photos the user wants to remove.
- They must all have a blue and white checkmark.
- Then choose the junk icon in the lower right corner.
- Select Delete photo from the popup menu.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Nov 12th 2019 23:28. Viewed 297 times.