How to Delete a Hacked AOL Account and Recover Accountby Anderson Lieto IT Experts How to Delete a Hacked AOL Account and Recover Account :
AOL was once a popular Internet service provider that attracted millions of customers through its browser and easy-to-use email applications. However, because of the simplicity of its interface and its open platform, AOL has become a target for hackers, which can compromise your account by sending unwanted emails. Fortunately, AOL has organized simple steps that you can use to eliminate your hacked account.
Go to the AOL account login page. Please note that if your account has been hacked, you must confirm your identity and choose a new password. Select "I forgot my password", then go to the next page. Enter your username followed by the security letter string and press "Next".
Enter the required information on the next page, then go to the next page, where you will be asked to answer your security question, as well as your first name and last name. Enter your information, then go to the next page. Change your password when prompted, then tap "Continue."
Step 2: delete the AOL username but not the primary account
- Open your web browser and visit the My AOL account page.
- Log in with your AOL username or email ID and your new password.
- Enter the answer to your account security question and press "Continue."
- Select the Additional screen names check box to find the AOL name you want to remove.
- Click on the small red "X" icon to delete the desired AOL account.
Step 3: Access the billing options and delete the paid AOL account.
- Go back to the My AOL account page and log in to your account.
- Answer the account security question and press 'Continue' to continue.
- Choose "I already have a broadband connection" and see the plans
- Verify and review the details of your current paid AOL subscription
- Click on the "Cancel my billing" option at the bottom of the screen.
- When the confirmation page opens, go to a less expensive plan.
- Choose an appropriate reason to unsubscribe
- Click on the "Cancel my billing" option again to convert your AOL account into a free account.
Step 4: delete your free AOL account
- Use your AOL username and password and log in to My account.
- Enter the correct answer for the account security question and continue.
- Select the option to indicate that you already have a broadband connection.
- Click "See packages" and verify your current subscription information.
- Press the "Cancel" button to start the cancellation process.
- Read carefully the text related to the cancellation of your AOL subscription.
- Indicate the reason for the cancellation of the subscription, then press "Cancel AOL".
- Remember that when you permanently delete your AOL account, you cannot cancel your action or restore your account later. If you need help completing the above steps or if you want clarification before permanently deleting the account, you can call the AOL phone number and ask for help.
Contact AOL Customer Service Number 1(844)-964-2969 for Recover Your AOL Mail Account Services.
Created on Oct 14th 2019 07:38. Viewed 577 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.