How to Customize Cortana on the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
by Ricky Johnshon mobile office
Cortana, a digital voice assistant, is one of the best things about Windows 10. Cortana has been created to perform an array of tasks to assist users in getting stuff done. However, users may find it hard to locate where its settings are. After the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was rolled out, the option to customize Cortana was shifted to the Settings application. Therefore, now the users can locate it quickly. In this blog, we are providing a complete guide for customizing Cortana on the Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
- Steps for enabling microphone access on Cortana
You can allow microphone access if Cortana cannot hear your commanders or while setting it up on the computer for the first time by following these steps:
- Double-click on Settings.
- Now, select Cortana,
- Click on Talk to Cortana tab.
- Below Microsoft, tap on the blue Check the microphone link.
- Now, choose the first box stating “Cortana can’t hear me” if you wish to set up the microphone.
- Or else, for fixing other microphone issues, select the second box stating: I can’t hear Cortana.
- Finally, just follow the guidelines on the screen to finish the procedure.
- Steps for turning on Hey Cortana hands-free mode
Even though users can use Cortana using keyboard and mouse, they can also enable the hands-free mode. Here’s how:
- Click on Settings.
- Choose the option for Cortana.
- Select Talk to Cortana.
- Go to the Hey Cortana section.
- Allow the “Let Cortana respond to Hey Cortana” option.
- Steps for turning on Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut
Even though users can just turn on the hands-free mode to communicate with Cortana, they can also activate it in listening mode with the help of keyboard shortcut. Here’ how:
- Launch Settings on the PC.
- Click on the Cortana option.
- Go to Talk to Cortana.
- Scroll to Keyboard shortcut.
- Enable the bar at the top of Lock Screen.
- Now, you can activate Cortana using Windows + C keyboard shortcut.
- Steps for activating Cortana on the Lock screen
Users can make use of Cortana even when their system is locked and get weather details, play songs, set alarms, etc., without unlocking their device. Though Cortana is activated on the Lock screen by default, users can turn it off or re-enable it by applying these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Hit the Cortana option.
- Tap on Talk to Cortana.
- Scroll to Lock Screen.
- Click on the bar below it to turn it on.
- Steps for setting search filters permissions
One good thing about Microsoft’s digital assistant is that it is capable of providing instant search results without the users needing to launch a browsing app. But, at times, these search results may display content that is not fit for children, for this reason, users can set search filters. Here’s how:
- Go to the Settings screen.
- After that, select Cortana.
- Go to Permissions and History.
- In the SafeSearch section, choose the option that is the fittest for you.
- If you choose Strict, then all the adult text, pictures, and videos from the web results will get weeded out.
- If you choose Moderate, then all the adult pictures and videos will get weeded out. The text results will be present.
- If you choose Off, then no adult content will get weeded out from the search results.
Ricky johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup
Source : http://office-setup.me/how-to-customize-cortana-on-the-windows-10-fall-creators-update/
Created on Oct 9th 2018 07:46. Viewed 155 times.