How to customize and use the Podcasts app on Apple Watchby Nishant Gujjar SEO Executive
If your watch is running on watchOS 5 or newer then by just connecting it with wireless headphones or speakers you can listen to your favorite podcasts through your watch.
Here is how to install, customize and use the Podcasts app on your Apple Watch.
How to get podcast episodes on your Apple Watch
To get your favorite podcasts on your Apple Watch. Your watch and your iPhone must be linked with each other. Now, open the ‘Podcasts’ app on your iPhone and save the podcasts, you want to listen on your watch. The podcasts you’ve added to the Podcast app will automatically come to your Apple Watch from your iPhone. This will only happen when your watch is connected with power. When your iPhone knows that the watch is connected to power, it starts transferring podcasts.
Once podcasts install on your Watch, you can start listening to them. Episodes will be removed automatically after you are done listening.
How to use the Podcasts app on your Apple Watch
The Apple Watch’s Podcasts app is very much similar to the Music app.
- Tap the ‘Digital Crown’ on your Watch.
- Tap on the ‘Podcasts’ app from the home screen.
- You’ll see options “On iPhone,” Now Playing, and “Library” options.
- Select “On iPhone” to view podcasts of your iPhone.
- On the next screen, the menu will appear with “Listen Now, Stations, Shows, etc.
- Tap on ‘Listen Now’ to view the latest episodes of your subscribed podcasts.
- Tap on ‘Shows’ to view the podcasts you have subscribed. Select the show to view episodes lists.
- Tap on ‘Episodes’ to view the all available episodes from oldest to newest.
- Tap on ‘Stations’ to view the podcasts group/stations you have created on Podcasts app of your iPhone.
Select “Now Playing” to view the latest podcasts played or playing on Apple Watch. Here you’ll also get playback controls like Music app.
Select “Library” to open the list of unplayed episodes. Tap on any of podcasts title to view available episodes on your Apple Watch.
How to customize the podcasts on your Apple Watch
Because of limited storage of your Apple Watch, it’s a good idea to customize the podcasts experience on your Apple Watch. This can be done from the Watch app of your iPhone.
- Open the ‘Watch app.’
- Go to ‘My Watch’ tab.
- Select ‘Podcasts’.
- Now, select ‘Listen Now’ or ‘Custom’ as you want podcasts on your Apple Watch.
Select “Listen Now” to automatically download one latest episode from each subscribed podcasts show to your Watch, and it will also change them when you finished listening.
Select “Custom” to add podcasts of your choice to sync them. Toggle the switch of every podcast you want on your Apple Watch. From the each selected podcasts three episodes will sync to your Watch.
That’s it! Select settings according to your choice and enjoy podcasts with your Apple Watch.
Robert Coleman is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Mar 13th 2019 11:50. Viewed 694 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.