How to Create an Unattended Installation of Windows 10?by Rdx Tango Get complete real-time protection and safeguard yo
Once you prepare for the fresh installation of Windows 10, then you must go through the Windows Setup page to perform various tasks related to it. You have to undergo various instructions and face several prompts appearing on the screen like configuring settings, selecting language preferences, product key, partition layout, etc. You will be required to complete the configure setups such as account, keyboard layout, and privacy setups.
For many users, the manual process of installation of Windows 10 is easy, but for others, it’s a time-consuming task as it can take up to 30 minutes or more sitting in the front of the computer. It becomes more important if you are performing the installation directly from your workplace.
In case you wish to make the installation process automatic, especially for saving your precious time, then you can do so. You have to make an answer key data with complete instructions. This task will manage every on-screen prompt that you can easily integrate with bootable media. The Windows setup can easily read these pre-created instructions to proceed with the task.
Here is how to create an automatic installation of Windows 10:
Creating Automatic Windows 10 Installation File
You may use various methods on Windows 10 to make and set up the installation answer file for the whole process. This blog will focus on the methods for configuring “.xml” file in order to install unattended software of Windows 10 Pro edition related to 64 bit on your device having the single drive through UEFI or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface or BIOS (Basic Input Output System.)
Once you have completely set up the file, then the process will remove everything from the respective drive. Then, it creates and configures necessary partitions, and finally installs a new copy of Windows 10 having the basic settings.
Note: The installation process will remove the entire data located on your device, so it is recommended to take a complete backup of all your belongings and essential files.
Necessary Specs to Know before installation
You will require to know these things for completing this task of installation:
▪ ADK (Assessment and Deployment Kit) of Windows.
▪ Installation Files of Windows 10.
▪ An Active Windows 10 account with full admin controls.
▪ USB drive having at least 8 GB of storage capacity.
▪ A spare device for testing the installation.
Installing the Windows System Image Manager
Microsoft provided a tool for installing Windows 10 automatically through SIM (Windows System Image Manager) with the help of ADK to create the file for the installation procedure.
In order to install the Windows System Image Manager, you have to pursue these guidelines:
● First and foremost, get the Windows ADK installer downloaded on your PC for Windows 10 Edition 2004.
● Then, perform a double click on the file “adksetup.exe” to start the installation procedure.
● Choose the option related to installing ADK to the particular system.
● Press the Next tab.
● After that, choose the privacy settings option.
● Then, hit the Next tab there.
● Now, tap on Accept and then agree to the terms and conditions.
● Now, remove all the preselected choices there.
● Next, you have to check the option “Deployment Tools” in order to install the Windows System Image Manager Components.
● Hit the Install tab there.
● Then, select the Close button.
● Once you have completed all the steps, you may use the console to create “XML” files with all the relevant answers to automatically prompted questions for installing Windows 10.
● Once the files are successfully created, you may adjust the setups and use it again for any other installations.
Creating Answer File project of Windows 10
Once you have successfully installed Windows “System Image Manager Console,” you need to import the installation files of your OS into the relevant system and set up environments for creating an answer file.
Importing Windows 10 Image Files
To create the answer file, you have to launch the Windows 10 image and then create a catalog of all the related features and tools to make the automated installation. In case you wish to perform the respective task, you just need to import the installation files on your PC. To do so, pursue these instructions:
● At the start, launch File Explorer.
● Then, go to the ISO file location of Windows.
● Note: You may also attach the USB drive to the installation files
● Next, perform a right-click on the ISO file and choose the option “Mount.”
● Launch the drive with the Windows 10 installation files.
● Tap the Select all option via the Home section.
● Hit the tab “Copy” from the Home button.
● Now, go to the folder that you wish to use to store your files for the installation project.
● Hit the New Folder tab through the Home button.
● Now, mention a name for the folder. For example: “Windows2005.” You may specify any name of your choice too.
● Then, launch the freshly created folder there.
● Hit the Paste tab from the Home button.
Once you properly follow all the steps, the installation file will be placed somewhere on your PC. In order to continue the same, you have to confirm the file image “install.wim” that will be located in the sources folder. In case the ISO file was created through the Media Creation Tool, then you are with the file “install.esd” that you can’t launch as it is in encrypted form.
If you are facing an issue with the image file “install.esd,” then you may use the DISM command to transfer the image file and create a “.wim” image from the particular “.esd” file.
Rdx Tango is a Mcafee expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2003. As a technical expert, Frank has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate.
Visit Our Site:- How to Create an Unattended Installation of Windows 10?
Created on Jul 9th 2020 06:03. Viewed 179 times.