How to Create a Full Backup of the Windows 10 PC?by Devin Smith seo
Creating a system backup is always a smart decision as you never know when the technology might fail you. The option has been available in Windows ever since Windows 7, but its location has switched a bit. So, here are the instructions to create a full backup of the Windows 10 PC.
Make a System Picture on Windows 10
If you want to make a system picture on Windows 10, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First of all, you have to launch Settings on your system.
- After that, go to Update & Security.
- Navigate to the Backup option.
- Now, beneath “Looking for an older backup?” field, select “Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- You should go to the left side and select the Create a system image option.
- Beneath the “Where do you want to save the backup?” go to On a hard disk.
- Later, navigate to the “On a hard disk,” drop-down, choose the location to store the backup.
- Choose the extra drives to contain the backup.
- Go to the Next tab.
- Now, select the Start backup tab.
Restoring a System Picture Backup on Windows 10
If you want to restore a system picture backup on Windows 10, then pursue the instructions given below.
- Get started by connecting the backup drive to the computer.
- After that, you should plug in the Windows 10 USB bootable drive to the device.
- You have to reboot the computer.
- Go to the “Windows Setup” screen and select the Next button.
- Then you should select Repair your computer link at the lower left-hand side of the screen.
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot option.
- You have to choose Advanced options.
- Go to the System Image Recovery option.
- Select the Windows 10 option.
- Navigate to the “Re-image your computer” screen and choose the “Use the latest available system image option.
- You should choose the Next button.
- When you restore a full backup to another hard drive, you should be able to choose the “Format and repartition disks option restoring the backup previously.
- Select the Next option.
- Choose the Finish button.
- Now, go to the Yes button and click on it.
In case you have not backed up your system in a long time, then it is recommended that you should do it as quickly as you can.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- After that, you should select Update & Security.
- You have to choose Windows Update.
- Now, go to Check for Updates.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding norton.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Nov 12th 2019 03:07. Viewed 714 times.