How to Control TV with Amazon Echo & Alexa?by Ashley Miller Engineer
Controlling the TV using a smart assistant is very convenient. Using Alexa, you will not have to go through different menus and press buttons. However, it does take a few steps to set up Alexa with your TV, and not everybody knows how it works. If you wish to control your TV using Amazon Alexa, here are the steps to control TV with Amazon Echo & Alexa. Let’s get started.
Control Amazon Fire TV
If you want to control Amazon Fire TV, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, plug in the Fire TV device into the power adapter.
- Then you should connect the USB cord into the accessible HDMI port.
- You have to switch on your TV.
- After that, find the Fire TV, this action that usually modifies the signal is labeled “Source.”
- When the prompt comes from the device to “take your Alexa Voice Remote & press the Play button.”
- Then you should choose the language & Wi-Fi network to your according.
- You have to input the password.
- Thereafter you should select “Connect.”
- Check which Amazon account you would like to connect.
- Let Amazon know if you want it to keep the Wi-Fi password & if you would like to enable the parental control.
- Now, go to “Choose Apps” & check which application you want to get.
- When you are prepared, hit the “Play” tab on the remote & wait to complete the process.
Connect Fire TV with Echo or Similar Devices
You need to connect Fire TV with similar devices, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Get started by launching the Alexa application on your device.
- Then you should tap on the hamburger icon in the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- You should select “Music, Video & Books.”
- Choose “Fire TV.”
- Thereafter go with the instructions of set up.
- Now, select “Link Devices.”
- Navigate to the Sony TV’s home screen & open the “TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa application.
- Then you should select or make a Google account.
- You have to rename the TV name to recognize it.
- Turn on “Sony’s Alexa skill.”
- Now, go with the other instructions to connect the TV with the Echo.
- To get started, downloading the “Quick Remote for Alexa & Roku” application on the tablet or phone.
- Then you have to sign in to the Amazon account.
If the TV & Alexa require to be linked to the same Wi-Fi connection
- To begin with, launch the “Alexa” application on your phone.
- Navigate to the application menu.
- Then you should select “Skills & Games.”
- Go to the search bar & input the “Quick Remote” into it.
- Hit on entering, then tap on “Enable ti Use.”
- Navigate to the LG TV’s home screen, begin the “Set-Up TV for Amazon Alexa” application.
- This needs you to make an LG account if you don’t have one already.
- Give a name for the TV to quickly identify.
- Continue to the mobile set up screen, while also opening the “Alexa” phone application.
- Turn on the “LG SmarTthinQ skill.”.
- Connect with Amazon & TV accounts.
- Now, go with the rest of the setup instructions that the TV will show.
Logitech Remote Control Systems:
- First, you have to open the “Alexa” application on your device.
- Then select the menu.
- Go to the “Skills & Games.”
- With the help of the search bar to locate the Harmony skill.
- If you would like to personalize the Alexa commands for Harmony, go to the “Select Activites” screen.
- Now, navigate to the “Now for the Fun Part” page, It will be a “Link Account” option. Tap on it to complete the connecting process.
- First & foremost, begin the Vizio TV’s “SmartCast” on your home screen.
- Then you should tap on the “Up” button on your remote.
- Navigate to the “Extras.”
- Select “Voice Settings.”
- Now, choose “Pair Display.”
- Visit the following link on the phone & sign in to MyVizio.
- Input the PIN. You will be allowed to view it on the TV screen.
- Now, launch the “Alexa” application once more to turn on Alexa-related skills & link accounts.
Ashley Miller is a Mcafee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate.
Created on Oct 22nd 2019 00:42. Viewed 567 times.