How to Clean Floorsby John Smith Consultant
You have no idea which cleaning method you should use to preserve your floors good looking? Keep in mind that some cleaning agents can make one type of floor shine and ruin the nice appearance of another. In this article, me and my colleagues from a famous cleaning agency, operating within London will share a few smart and easy tips on how to take care of different kinds of floors. So, it does not matter what type of floors you have, take a look at our top ideas how to clean floors quickly and effectively you can also hire Carpet Cleaning London Company.
How to Clean Carpets
1. Regular vacuuming is one of the most important things that you should do to keep your carpets in a good condition. This way you are able to remove any dirt and grime that has been collecting between the fibres. Regular vacuuming means to do this cleaning technique at least once a week. Do not forget to vacuum the unseen areas of your carpets and rugs such as those under your furniture. Also, it would be good to use a vacuum cleaner with revolving brushes.
2. Steam cleaning is another method which is strongly recommended by carpet manufacturers that you should apply twice a year in order to make your carpets and rugs fresh and healthy. The steam cleaning technique is a great option not only because of the great results that it provides, but also because it uses water and high temperatures only, without any strong chemical or toxic solutions. For the purpose, you do not need to purchase steam cleaning equipment, because many of the professional cleaning companies offer such type of service. However, if you made a desicion to purchase your own machine, then you can buy a Karcher steam cleaner for only £59.90 from .
3. Here is one green cleaning remedy that you can also try for your carpet cleaning. Get rid of grease or red wine spots on your carpets and rugs by sprinkling a small amount of baking soda over the affected area. Blot it up and then repeat the procedure if needed. Leave the white powder sit for a while until the spot is completely absorbed. Use your vacuum cleaner to remove the remaining baking soda from the surface.
How to Clean Wood Floors
1. To keep your wood floors looking good sweep them regularly with a soft-bristled brush or broom.
2. It would be also good to mop the floors at least once a week with some proper cleaning concentrate, diluted in enough amount of water. The mop should be damp, not wet. So, make sure that you've ringed out the remaining water from it, before use. Be careful to not saturate the floor as this can damage the wood surface. Our advice is to try this new wood floor cleaning kit that you can purchase from for about £30.
3. Cheap Wood Floor Green Cleaning Alternatives:
- To get rid of scuff marks on your wood flooring, just rub the surface gently with some pencil eraser.
- Make your wood floors shine by treating the surface with a dry cloth dampened with lemon or some other type of essential oil.
How to Clean Laminate Floors
1. To look good your laminate floors need to be vacuumed or swept regularly, at least twice a week. To remove dirt from your laminate flooring use clean rag, dampened with water.
2. The best thing about this type of floors is that they can be maintained with cheap household cleaners. For instance, ink and grease spots can be easily removed from laminate surfaces with acetone.
3. Do not ever leave liquid stains sit on your laminate floors. You should remove them carefully as soon as they occur on the surface.
How to Clean Ceramic Tiles and Stone Floors
1. Your ceramic tiles can be easily cleaned up with a homemade mixture of enough amount of water and some mild, dish-washing liquid. Stir the ingredients well to form your cleaner. Then mop the tiles with the solution in order to remove any grime and dirt from the surface. Manufacturers recommend re-sealing your ceramic tiles in every 2 years at least.
2. If you have just sealed your stone floors, clean them with the same solution from the previous step. It is really important to clean your stone floors regularly. Moreover, to preserve this type of flooring looking good, you need to re-seal the surface regularly. It would be good to ask your manufacturer in what period of time it is good to re-seal your stone floors in order to keep them looking as shiny as possible.
3. If you are a proud owner of slate or flagstone floors, then you should maintain them with some effective all-purpose cleaning agent and warm water. Mop the floors twice a week (do not forget that the mop should be damp, not wet). To get rid of annoying stains on your flagstone or slate floors, use white spirit. Before using the spirit, test it on some hidden area on the floor first.
How to Maintain Rubber and Vinyl Floors
1. Floors made of rubber or vinyl are easy to keep clean. The only thing you should to is to remove the collected dirt, dust and grime regularly with a brush or vacuum cleaner. It would be also good to wipe the surface with a simple solution of water and some mild detergent, once a week.
2. To get rid of scuff marks rub the affected areas with some scouring pad. The use of abrasive cleaners on rubber or vinyl floors are not recommended. Talk to your manufacturer for advice on how to deal with stubborn stains on your vinyl or rubber floors.
In a conclusion, depending on what type of flooring you have, you need to select the best cleaning approach for its proper maintenance. All of the tips above are provided by expert cleaners from https://carpetcleaninglondon.com/ who know how to clean floors in the best possible way. So, follow these steps and give your floors the right care in order to prolong their life and keep them looking like new.
Created on Nov 29th 2021 13:42. Viewed 138 times.